Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowe's Flexi-Tile garage floor tiles ??

I once had a Gold Wing DWJ Honda's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Lowe's Flexi-Tile garage floor tiles ??

Any one have experiences with these and able to recommend or offer other words of insight? Looking to install some tiles on my garage floor to at last transform that area of our home, and of my life!

Found these at Lowe's . . .

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ng&N=0+5001845

Flexi-Tile interlocking Tiles. Look well made and that they will hold up. A small concern of mine is that water might somehow leak through the tiles the way they link up to one another. Otherwise they look sweet.

For a single car garage, 12 X 24, the cost would be about $600 or a bit more.

Whatever I do I want it to last and not be re-visiting the problem in a year or 2! Thanks for the help.

› See More: Lowe's Flexi-Tile garage floor tiles ??
    Dennis

My Gallery

Re: Lowe's Flexi-Tile garage floor tiles ??

My garage floor sweats pretty bad when it's humid, and I looked at that type of floor. Looks pretty nice, but a little pricey.

My Gallery

Water will get under it - it's not a sealed floor.
    Bill Thweatt
    Fairview, TX
    mylocalridingarea.com

Mobile Pest Control Rob Hephner's Avatar
    Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Ah, I remember that vendor. Griot's Garage carried that product and dropped it after having to deal with the horrible mold (product design, not water) they have.

The edges do not line up with the tiles as a whole unit. I worked with Griot's and the vendor resent them and me 7 different sets of tiles and they NEVER lined up.

Check them out and I think you'll find the issues I did.

Vehicles never get finished, they just get sold.

SouthWestRides - Click for my Blog - See My Photos Here!

I once had a Gold Wing
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2005 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Thanks for the replies so far.

Rob, what did you end up doing with your garage??

I checked out Griot's site, pretty impressive.
    Looks like the prep work they recommend for painting is a bear, and the cost of the "tiles" they presently sell would exceed $1,200 for a single car garage.

Am now also considering a large mat to cover most of the floor. Easier install and lower cost and still get most, but not all, of the end result.

Anyone purchase a mat from Griot's, or another vender, and have any comments?

THANKS again all.

My Gallery

Has anyone condidered laying down VCT in their garage? The tiles are very durable, 1/8" thick with the colors 100% thru, can be cleaned and buffed, gouges can be sanded and polished or individual tiles can be replaced. They are easy to install and very cost effective. About $1/sq.ft. as I recall. I used them in our laundry room.

Ray

Mobile Pest Control Rob Hephner's Avatar
    Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

I got my floor covered by a local professional installation company and then I use the Rubber Motorcycle mats that Griot's sells.

Click and scroll down, you'll see my ST1300 in my garage, with the mat underneath.

Click for mat.

The mats you are looking at are OK themselves, but the finishing edges are not straight and will not stay straight when attached. If you are OK with the unfinished edge they are OK.

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

I've been looking at these for my garage, cost is good and I believe they should hold up pretty well.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=6344
    Breathe in, Breathe out, Move On!

Bike
    '93 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

In our area I know that one of the pickup truck bed liner companies is now doing garage floors. I don't recall if it was Rhino Liner or Line-x but it was one of them. That would be another interesting optoin. They have a portable unit that they bring out and just spray it down like they would do to a truck. Actually I just went to both web sites and it looks like they both will do it.
    STOC# 6145
    IBA# 53268
    1993 ST1100 non-ABS
    2003 ST1300 ABS (RIP)
    Too many Farkles to list. Take a look at bike mods in my profile.

My Gallery

By far the best way to go is Armstrong Linoleaum Tiles. They are very inexpensive, and when you cut one, and you will, it is easy to take one up and replace it with another one. If I recall, the replacement cost of each tile is less than 50 cents. I tiled my whole garage for less than $200. The original tiles, outside of a couple have been there for 2.5 years, and every week someone walking by our house stops to ask about our garage (when I am out there with the door open). I use the powerwasher on it every other week, and have never had a problem with the water. We power wash it out, then mop the rest out. It is a beautiful garage. Here is a fairly recent picture of the garage (although it is highlighting the bike):

Texas
    2006 Honda ST1300

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast