VA-Northern: Tag

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Re: Northern VA TAG

Only 39 miles from home, I think I can get this one first !!

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

If I were riding, I'd beat you to it. It's about a three mile detour off my commute.

--Mark

Gene

STOC #

Might just have to ride there for a picture saturday after breakfast if no body beats me to it :)

OP
OP
Blue STreak

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #

I know it's not a real exciting location. I just liked the photo of my Honda on Honda Rd. And I figured someone needed to start off the Northern VA TAG.

Gene

STOC #
Northern Va: tag

This Tim (TGB Express) on cool bridge in N.Va on our latest ride. Anyone wanta guess where it is ?

Gene

STOC #
Re: VA-Norhtern: TAG

I didn't get to make this one to hard but figured maybe we could get it moving some before the weather really get bad.

Gene

STOC #

Mark you could do a double tag in one day and move them both to one new location all in the same day !!

OP
OP
Blue STreak

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
VA-Northern: Tag (2011)

OK, given that we all know where both of the prior photos are, and we're all apparently too lazy to go back to either place, let's try again....

Took the day off work Friday, and put 212 miles of mostly two-lane and unmarked back roads. Great day for a ride and a great ride. Moderate temps except for the last hour or so, almost no traffic anywhere, lots of curves, and no superslab at all. Took mostly back roads between here and Sperryville, then up and over Skyline on 211 and north through the GW Nat'l Forest up to Front Royal, and then back past Mt. Weather and other moderately entertaining roads between 7 and 50. Even found a couple of nice roads I hadn't ridden on before.

This location is just off Rt. 211 heading toward Skyline, but you'll have to look real sharp to see it from 211, I think. In fact, now that I think of it, it's probably not visible from 211.

Bike
'95 ST1100
STOC #

Well now, I'm heading down to Maryland and Virginia later this month and I like to hunt tags :D

However Bob did you just move your own tag or did my telekinethis make you do it ;)

I should be able to find this one.

OP
OP
Blue STreak

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #

I moved my own tag. ;) Got tired of looking at the first one (and figured it might be hard to find). You should be able to find some nice roads on the way to this tag, too.

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

Uhhh, Karen, nice of you to come visit us, but Giles County isn't anywhere near Northern Virginia.

--Mark

Bike
2007 ST1300

I knew that when I took the pic, but y'all have a "Northern and a Western" VA tag thread. psssttt..... what if I wanted to tag in Norfolk? It just doesn't make sense. There are states a WHOLE lot bigger than VA that only have one tag thread. Why do you have 2? Its pretty clear that no one up North is moving tags, Blue STreak had to move his own tag, and even after he did that, the tag sat there for 4 months. Perhaps it will get some more action down South a bit. Is it really so horrid to ask folks to ride a few miles when they move the tags, or do they only get moved when they are within a mile of home?

Tag moved.
:popcorn

Blrfl

Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #

I knew that when I took the pic, but y'all have a "Northern and a Western" VA tag thread. psssttt..... what if I wanted to tag in Norfolk?
I don't know what you'd do, but I'd start an Eastern Virginia thread.

There are states a WHOLE lot bigger than VA that only have one tag thread. Why do you have 2?
There's an entire thread on the subject.

Its pretty clear that no one up North is moving tags, Blue STreak had to move his own tag, and even after he did that, the tag sat there for 4 months.
So if you don't like the way Virginia is laid out, how about putting the topic of merging the three regions up for discussion instead of deciding to do it by moving the tag between regions?

The NoVA doesn't move much because there aren't a whole lot of interesting landmarks to tag in this region, and those that are (like the Pentagon or the shopping bag building) are in areas that are absolutely no fun to ride. I enjoy urban combat riding, but based on feedback from people who pass through this area, I'd rather not send people to places where the trip isn't going to be enjoyable.

Tag moved.
Suit yourself.

--Mark

Top Bottom