VA-Northern: Tag

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Thought I would throw a bone to TerraSin..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ohhh- sorry guys, I’ve been tied up at work and we just got back from our first riding trip of the season. I’ll see if I can’t find the time next weekend if it’s still sitting. Picking it up is easy, getting another spot that’s worthy is the time challenge.
Keith- you’ve got to find the secret backroads to get to places like this without hitting the sprawl!
-Steve

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Picking it up is easy, getting another spot that’s worthy is the time challenge.
All I ever do is spend a few hours out in the bucolic countryside; tag opportunities abound and present themselves almost unbeckoned.

I'm away this coming weekend so it'll be unmolested by me, I assure you. Plus there's that whole cesspool of traffic around Manassas thing to consider. But I'm glad to see you back in the game.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Old tag- within walking distance of my house (20 minutes by bike, 6 hours if I walked). Fun fact- in operation for 45 years, was rural and now nearly surrounded by sub-divisions. Still make a mean BLT!

New tag: practically served on a silver platter for MD residents :0

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Thanks for the MD friendly tag, Steve, and for the added bonus of selecting a spot featuring Mom's Homemade Pies!

I cannot speak to the quality or value for money of the wares at the new tag (riding precludes even sampling) but it is easy to find and pleasant enough as a destination.

And what a pleasant day for it. At several spots I got a good whiff of honeysuckle, and enjoyed trolling along on the roads the GPS selected for me, without my having to work at it at all.

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Now that I've been riding the area for five years and tagging for four, I find myself noticing former tag locations with relative regularity. A couple weeks ago, for example, my route to and from the Harrisonburg RTE took me across Morgan's Ford- a road I'd not previously traveled. Naturally I'm more aware of tags I've set or retrieved, but it's fun to have that momentary "AHA" moment and flash of recognition when a route runs me past something I've seen in photos but had not previously encountered in person.

And of course a big "THANK YOU" is in order to the other players, for helping me discover more of the quiet hidden gems that dot the bucolic NoVA countryside.

Bike
ST1300A 2009
STOC #
Envoking Rule 8 ... downtown Lahore, Orange County, Va. About all that is left is the boarded up general store, schoolhouse and gas station sign.

A1BFEF86-44B9-47D0-99EA-0C3570B497AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom