Article [13] ST1300 - Maintenance Schedule

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
after 24k do you repeat back at 4k maint for the 28k?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
after 24k do you repeat back at 4k maint for the 28k?
Can anyone clarify this? I've always wondered what the correct maintenance check is after the 28k service. The maintenance log next to valves says to check them every 16k, if you perform the 24K service and then start back over with the 4k service then that puts you checking valves again at 40k (not 32k). It would seem to check valves every 16k that you would need to start back at the 12k service and then do the 16k again at 32K.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Can anyone clarify this? I've always wondered what the correct maintenance check is after the 28k service. The maintenance log next to valves says to check them every 16k, if you perform the 24K service and then start back over with the 4k service then that puts you checking valves again at 40k (not 32k). It would seem to check valves every 16k that you would need to start back at the 12k service and then do the 16k again at 32K.
No, that's not true, at 28k you simply go with the intervals in the notes.. the 4k check is really an early check for those things that should be checked every 4k.

Last edited:
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Nope, every 8k... any sooner than that is a waste of oil, time and money.
Well i recently changed mine at 5000 because I like the fresh oil in things, plus the oil in the sight glass looked very black. When I pulled the plug, the oil draining was a golden brown transparent fluid that I wanted to stop flowing and reuse. I used the oil in other lesser bikes around the place and continued with my oil change. I know oil will break down, but this was good oil and a lot premature on my part. I also cut the filters and look for contaminants just like the airplanes. Nothing found yet.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Joe;
I knew that this had been posted by you because I remembered seeing it but I couldn't find it.
In doing a title search for maintenance schedule it didn't come up. This is because the title is listed as Maint Schedule instead of Maintenance Schedule.
Just an F.Y.I. as most people doing a search for anything related to maintenance would probably not use the abbreviated term maint in their search criteria.
Same for the ST1100 Maint Schedule.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Joe;
I knew that this had been posted by you because I remembered seeing it but I couldn't find it.
In doing a title search for maintenance schedule it didn't come up. This is because the title is listed as Maint Schedule instead of Maintenance Schedule.
Just an F.Y.I. as most people doing a search for anything related to maintenance would probably not use the abbreviated term maint in their search criteria.
Same for the ST1100 Maint Schedule.
Done, thanks!

Top Bottom