WY: Tag

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I got a great 4-day ride in this week to see family in Casper and Billings and thought I'd start a Wyoming Tag, so I took plenty of pictures with that in mind! :D

In looking through the pictures, I took 38 in WY alone with the ST1300 in it. :eek: Any many were much more scenic than the ride to this spot.

But I chose this one as it is in the middle of the state at relatively low elevation hopefully allowing someone to get it tagged this year before weather gets bad. I grew up in Wyoming and have been over most of the state, but this is the first time I'd made it to this location. :shrug2:

-John

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Putt it has been getting more snow then us lately, with the winds it will probably be off limits for a bit. A fellow I work with lives in Casper, maybe I could get insider info from him..I gotta keep Baker Boy hopping ya know..

OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
If memory serves, we have some Wyoming ST-O members here from Rock Springs, Dubois, Casper, Cheyenne, Torrington...I thought one of them would have moved it by now.

But hey, Dick, it's all yours!

:poke-poke: Nick doesn't seem to know WY exists...he's tagged in MT, ID, UT, NM, CO, KS, NE ... He's gone all the way around WY.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
If memory serves, we have some Wyoming ST-O members here from Rock Springs, Dubois, Casper, Cheyenne, Torrington...I thought one of them would have moved it by now.

But hey, Dick, it's all yours!

:poke-poke: Nick doesn't seem to know WY exists...he's tagged in MT, ID, UT, NM, CO, KS, NE ... He's gone all the way around WY.
If I remember right you managed to tag Wy days before our planned trip to get it started. Seems all my tags have been stolen, NM, NE, Ut have been taken. I think all I have left is Id, Follow still holds MT but I bet that is short lived as well. There is a three day weekend coming up...Might have to sneak a few tags into the plans.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Ok this tag sat way too long so...So Independence Rock followed by the new tag and a shot from behind the tag...Enjoy, oh and plan on trying the prime rib sandwich and cobbler you wont be sorry.

Attachments

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
We were a little over 600 for the day. Took forever to get the CO tag and get outta town, I took 287 all the way to Laramie, then 220. Came home via 485. Everything is very green, very nice ride. Had one close call with an antelope wanting to play chicken. The 100 miles north of Laramie was very heavily patrolled, they were making sure we were safe. :lol:

OP
OP
BakerBoy

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Well, that Lakeshore drive was fun at 7:30 this morning (before locals were stirring) :D

I had a tossup between my new tags... this one got the slight nudge even though it is not in my home town:

Go get it buckaroos!

Tagurit 0010.jpg

Tagurit 010.jpg

Tagurit 011.jpg
I have been trying to move the Wy tag for a few months but could never get away long enuf to do it right. Fianlly got the chance this weekend, did right at 600 miles plus got a $98 reminder from the not so friendly city cop
Dave

Wow...Mac and I spent MANY days in Wyoming this month, and were SO busy enjoying its beauty we never even thought about playing TAG! We were in Jackson Hole, the Tetons, Yellowstone,Cody, Cook City, Red Lodge...ran Beartooth, and Chief Joseph...Am sure we
could have gotten tags at the fabulous museum in Cody...anywhere would have given you guys an excuse to get to some incredible spots! WHAT A STATE! WHAT A VACATION! WHAT ROADS TO RIDE! Someone needs to set a SToc event in WYoming...I need another visit!

womantriker

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Carole and I missed the east entrance to Wapiti, but we did the Cody to Greybull portion of 14 and just couldn't believe the scenery and road!!! And she finally saw moose as we got out of the canyons!!! One cow, a calf and two bulls. The bulls were too far away to get any images on camera, but at least she finally saw moose!!!

Top Bottom