Doran Motorcycle TPMS

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I thought the pressure monitoring valve stem cap was agreed to be a bad idea... :confused:
In that it defeats the valve stem seal and relies on the seal on the outside of the stem yes.

This one can also be installed on the inside of the wheel.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Just thought I'd update this old thread... I've had a Doran system for over 4 years now and am happy with it. Initially I mounted the front sensor inside the tire because there was no room for it outside on the FJR, and interfered with the brake calipers. Since then, I have the T-stem valve stems from tpms.ca, which allows me to mount the sensor externally and vertical so it runs between the brake calipers. The advantage is one can adjust air pressure via the T part, and not have to remove the sensor to do it.

Sensor life - I have had two sets of sensors, each lasting just over two years & about 3 months. Initially I had left them installed during winter storage in the cold, and was informed they are always transmitting as long as they see air pressure. This past year, I removed them for storage, but since that was for only one of the two winters they saw, I cannot say they really lasted any longer...... could be. Currently, my front one is OK, but the rear is almost dead as it rarely gets read by the display unit.

Today, Doran informs me they recently released improved life batteries after significant testing, however, the old price of $25 each has gone up to $35 for the new ones. I will install these when they arrive next week. Doran would like feedback on the new version......... I'm hoping that's 3+ years from now instead of my usual 2+ years.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Bike
2007 ST1300
Today said:
I too bought a couple of new sensors that were suppose to be new and improved battery life but they actually only lasted 1 season where the old ones lasted 2 ? and the price had tripled from the old ones.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well . . . I just got off the phone with "Tim" at Doran in Cincinnati. I've been using their TPMS system and sensors for years and have absolute confidence in it. Sad to say, the 360 motorcycle system is no longer available.

Tim explained the chips in their sensors are made by a third party that has gone out of business without a secondary source.

I asked if there were any sensors left so I could stock up and he responded that they ran out last August.

That's it for now.

Shuey

PS: Hopefully, they'll find another source for the chips before I need them. I lucked out by buying 2 sensors in early August which should last me for another year or so.

PPS: I think I'll head out to the garage to dismount my sensors to preserve their battery life. There's no battery draw when their not under pressure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom