Tyre-Dog TPMS

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I had so much trouble with the Kisan Charge-Guard unit (went through multiple shunts, temp sensors, and control modules (everything but the display failed more than once), that I'm done with Kisan. My Smarttire monitor worked flawlessly on the ST1100.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I had so much trouble with the Kisan Charge-Guard unit (went through multiple shunts, temp sensors, and control modules (everything but the display failed more than once), that I'm done with Kisan. My Smarttire monitor worked flawlessly on the ST1100.
No experience with Kisan, stuff. They always seemed overpriced compared to the alternatives IMO. I'm very Happy with my SmarTire system but I did have a display that started to fail. Some of the segments that formed the numerals conked out making it impossible to read. To their credit, SmarTire quickly sent a replacement and so far it's been solid since.

I hear that SmarTire has quit making these or gone out of business so I may be forced to use a different system when the sensor batteries are finally exhausted.

It's good to see there are more and more alternatives out there but I would worry about the simple screw on sensors getting ripped off. I've had cheap chrome valve caps ripped off of both my cage and my bike in the past.

Top Bottom