Zumo route question

STOC #
After completing a route I created in Mapsource, how do you get the Zumo to backtrack for you? If I select Home, it always defaults to the shortest or quickest route. Not a reverse of the one I made. Probably something simple but I'm stymied!:shrug1:

Mike

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
You are not missing something. You can not invert a route in the zumo. What you can do though is to do it in mapsource. All you need to do is right click on the name of the route in the route window, choose copy, then right click on the copy and pick invert route. now just load both routes into the zumo.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Wow, that is kind of dumb. My old eMap will let me reverse a route that I uploaded to it from Map Source. Although that device is not capable of doing any kind of routing internally. I guess I haven't tried to do this on my 2730 to see if that can do it.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, you can do it but it's a pain... much easier to just do it on the pc and then duplicate the route and invert and have that one downloaded to the unit.

To do it on the Unit you need to edit the route and 'manual reorder' all the points. Easy if it's just a very few but you could easily get mixed up if you have more.

Can it be done, yes... but do you want to, no. LOL

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just a spinoff idea from Mellow's suggestion. If the multiple stops are too many too conveniently reorder, but are in logical order....swap the starting and ending points, then let the Zumo reorder automatically for optimum order. Would that work?
Will it reorder correctly.. 1234... swap 1/4... it won't reorder 4321, it will reorder 4231.. that is if I understand what you're saying...

Bike
GL1800
Best way is to turn on your tracks and follow them back.

You can reorder route on the Zumo but it takes time and lots of checking.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
It will work.

I used 'Manual Reorder' to put the existing start point last and the existing end point first. Then I used 'Back' to return the the edit menu. Then I used 'Optimal Reorder' and it placed the remaining waypoints in logical order.

So, if your waypoints are in logical/optimal order, manually swapping the start and end points, then using optimal reorder will effectly reverse your route.

Is that clear as mud?
Sweet.. didn't know that.. not as nice as a simple 'invert' option but still easier than I thought. Now I just have to remember I can do that.

deanrd

06 ST1300a
Bike
06 ST1300a
So, if you use waypoints to calculate your route, you can reverse the waypoints? If you go off track for gas or something, does auto recalc get you back on track or just to next waypoint? Do you turn off auto recalc so that it will put you back on your route? I need to try this. Guess I'll have to take a trip to test it properly, oh darn!

Dean

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Sorry, I am technologicaly challenged.... I have created a route in google maps and want to put it on my zumo 550. I have been reading site info all morning and it seems you can't transfer it? Looks like mapsource will work, but before I go to recreating it, can anyone confirm?

Dan

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Sorry, I am technologicaly challenged.... I have created a route in google maps and want to put it on my zumo 550. I have been reading site info all morning and it seems you can't transfer it? Looks like mapsource will work, but before I go to recreating it, can anyone confirm?

Dan
I use gmaptogpx to get directions from Google map to a gpx file. Works great.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Also, someone in this great forum turned me on to TYRE Trace Your Route Everywhere. Free and it works in TomTom and Garmin. One of my favorite features: import route from web site. In other words, I can get the link to a map in MyMaps saved in my Google account, Tyre will open that map and grab the route. It has a few other ways to get routes in and out to your device. My two pennies.

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
It will work.

I used 'Manual Reorder' to put the existing start point last and the existing end point first. Then I used 'Back' to return the the edit menu. Then I used 'Optimal Reorder' and it placed the remaining waypoints in logical order.

So, if your waypoints are in logical/optimal order, manually swapping the start and end points, then using optimal reorder will effectly reverse your route.

Is that clear as mud?
:hun1:

Top Bottom