Buell testdrive

Bike
2002 ST1100
This weekend I drove a Buell 1125R for a few miles after a 150+ mile drive to Minnesota with me on my ST1100 and a friend on the Buell. On the drive over starting out at 48F I found the ST to be fairly comfortable with the heated grips and Cee Baily windshield/Laminar Lip combo even though the wind was blowing quite a bit.

On the way back my friend wanted to try my ST so we switched bikes about 20 miles from home with the temp now at 65F and very little wind. His Buell handled extremely well on the corners and had tons of power on the positive side. It was very twitchy using the throttle especially from a stop, the front brake had about 5 times the stopping power than the rear and the riding position was a bit much for an old guy like me on the negative side.

I now appreciate the ST1100 even more than before since it is comfortable to ride for long distances, and handles extremely well in the corners and has lots of power if I need it. The Buell is a great Sport Bike, but I seem to have gotten over that part of my life and would not trade my aging ST1100 for his new Buell even if it was an even trade.

What a geat bike the ST is, I am amazed more people don't ride them!

Tom

Top Bottom