AR Scenic 7

Several times! Love it.

I take at least 2 long weekend trips to Arkansas every year. No matter where we stay, or where we ride to, we make the area around 7 part of the plan for at least one day.

You have some great scenery there, Grand Canyon of the Ozarks, Booger Hollow,,,

The roads are wide and well maintained, with lots of scenic pull offs (some with restrooms). The traffic has never been a problem.

I have ridden all the way from Harrison, in the north, to Hot Springs in the south on 7. Russellville is a great lunch stop. On the north side of town is a Whataburger, but its not the chain. Its a family owned/operated place and the burgers are huge and AWESOME. Russellville is about the biggest town along the route and you can run into some traffic passing through there.

randalicious

Seasoned M/C Rider
Bike
'07 ST1300
If you need to visit a Honda dealer while you are in Russellville, watch for the Lake Dardanelle turnoff of AR7. They are maybe 1/8 mile from AR7. Great place for ST people--great people working there. I bought my 07 new from there in Aug.
Went down AR7 from there through Hot Springs (touristy) to El Dorado and south to N. Louisiana, then back up to R'ville for the 600 mile service. AR7 is a great road from R'ville to Hot Springs; somewhat ordinary from HS to the state line. Hardly any traffic.
It's a great road to ride on a weekday on an ST.

Bike
Honda ST1300
On cold winter nights, thoughts of riding Arkansas roads keeps me warm. Scenic 7 is at the top of my list from Hot Springs to Harrison. Hard to beat for just plain fun scenery and twisties. As long as your their also check out the Tallimena trail in Oklahoma, and a new found road this year. 9 north of Mountain view is also great, as is 23 South of Harrison to I-40. I spent 5 days with my son on MY WeeStrom Arkansas and we had a BLAST.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
I ride it all the time, I live a minute away from AR-7 in Hot Springs. Low traffic & LEOs, & near perfect twisty roads. Give me a call if you're ever in the area.

<<<---on RAN liST.

sbB

sbB

OP
OP
Tor

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Thanks guys.

Looks like it will be possible to go south on 7 (the entire road), then skip over to Natchez and take the "Trace" back up.

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
It's terrific North of Hot Springs....south of that....stay away unless you're simply using it to get from point A to B. Lot's of traffic (feed to I 30) and driveway entries....

Forest

Last edited:
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Arkansas Hwy 123 comes into Hwy 7......be sure to try to start at the North end of 123 and make your run South on 7. Last week, Hwy 123 and 103 were tops!!! Little traffic, few entry drives onto the roadway and lots of twisties.

Forest

Bike
ST1300
Ark 7 is a great little road but it's kinda crowded. Down near I30 there's a 283 that heads off east and connects to 128. I usually go to Hot Springs that way because the traffic is a lot easier to take. It's also a lot less commercial. As good as Ark 7 is, just east of there, Ark 23 runs north and south without the heavy traffic of Hot Springs and is every bit as nice a road to ride IMHO. I live in Shreveport so I'm lucky enough to get a lot of opportunity to ride thru Arkansas. The surfaces are usually great, the people very nice and the weather in the winter is almost always bearable.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Check out cruisetheozarks.com There is a bunch o highlighted routes on there. I spent six days riding them last fall. I can't wait to ride the ones I missed!

Bike
None For Now
STOC #
On cold winter nights, thoughts of riding Arkansas roads keeps me warm. Scenic 7 is at the top of my list from Hot Springs to Harrison. Hard to beat for just plain fun scenery and twisties. As long as your their also check out the Tallimena trail in Oklahoma, and a new found road this year. 9 north of Mountain view is also great, as is 23 South of Harrison to I-40. I spent 5 days with my son on MY WeeStrom Arkansas and we had a BLAST.
+1 on that

If you need to visit a Honda dealer while you are in Russellville, watch for the Lake Dardanelle turnoff of AR7. They are maybe 1/8 mile from AR7. Great place for ST people--great people working there. I bought my 07 new from there in Aug.
Went down AR7 from there through Hot Springs (touristy) to El Dorado and south to N. Louisiana, then back up to R'ville for the 600 mile service. AR7 is a great road from R'ville to Hot Springs; somewhat ordinary from HS to the state line. Hardly any traffic.
It's a great road to ride on a weekday on an ST.
+1 on Honda of Russellville. One of the best Honda dealerships I have ever visited. Even has a little burger bar in it. I hear the Sales manager there is an ST rider???

Top Bottom