Shinko's

jdaniels

R.I.P. - 2010/08/27
Rest In Peace
Bike
'05ST1300'02FZ1
STOC #
I've been running a set of shinko 009's (ravens) on the FZ1 and really got no complaints on the tires.I've run them hard on curves,hard on curves in the rain,ride 2up A LOT and the tires are great as far as I'm concerned.They appear to be longer mileage tires from what I observe so far.So,I just ordered a rear for the ST.I have some other tires for both bikes(name tires)of various brands but I just want to see how the raven acts on my ST.Some riders bad mouth the shinko's but I've read more positive reports than negative,so I'm gunna see if they're a good heavy load tire.

cworley5150

V-4 Convert
I ran Shinko's on my R1150R Rockster and loved them. I tried both 009's (ravens) and the 005's. I had no complaints with tire wear, stick or handling in any form whatsoever. They are a good tire. I wish they made an 18" front and I would run them on the ST1300. I may do an 009 on the rear anyway.

I have noticed the prices on them going up over the last couple of years. I think more people are catching on to them. They are old Yokohamas afterall. A Korean company bought the old Yokohama equipment and started making the tires under the Shinko brand name. They may be an old design, but not really any older tire tech than D220's or BT020's.

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
I'm running the Shinko rear with a B021 front.

Everything is fine. 7,500 miles on this kit so far (cold, rain, hot) no problems. Not even the usual squaring from many drab slab miles.

I have no complaints.

Top Bottom