Just Installed Some GL 1800 Pegs...PICTURES!

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
If you're look'in for some GL1800 pegs, don't overlook your local Honda shop. Skip the parts department and head straight for the mechanics and ask if they have a pair laying around from someone else's upgrade! I snagged a pair today. Worth a look.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Follow-up note: I've been riding the GL1800 pegs for the past few days :D and really like the bit of extra length to angle my feet more comfortably.

Thanks to Jackhammer for the idea. :)

motorcyclelarry

R.I.P. - 2012/09/25
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-1300, GS-120
STOC #
I did the same thing last year and then took them off because I really didn't feel a differance and they looked pretty clunky. "BUT" I have a pair that is chrome and I will sell both for 30 bucks delivered if anyone wants them.
Larry

I love the motorcycle community! I sent an email to the 6 GL1800 riders that I could think of at work. Within 5 minutes I had a set of pegs for free. They should be on my desk by COB tommorrow.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
I did the same thing last year and then took them off because I really didn't feel a differance and they looked pretty clunky. "BUT" I have a pair that is chrome and I will sell both for 30 bucks delivered if anyone wants them.
Larry
heh, never saw you post here before. I have your wings, small risers, ram mount.

still have those GL footpegs?

thanks,
jim
Posted via Mobile Device

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Jim,

I bought the footpegs from MCL, sorry. I too have his wings, risers and ram mount and enjoy all of it! One smart feller, MCL is!

ocho nueve

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Ah, crap! MCL sent me his beautiful GL1800 pegs and I got them today. I tried to bolt them onto the MCL peg lowering kit and the holes are off by about an 1/8 of an inch.

I'm considering drilling out the peg extenders a bit, but I don't know if I should.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
Ah, crap! MCL sent me his beautiful GL1800 pegs and I got them today. I tried to bolt them onto the MCL peg lowering kit and the holes are off by about an 1/8 of an inch.

I'm considering drilling out the peg extenders a bit, but I don't know if I should.
How about trying them without the peg extenders. If you like the GL pegs, then drill.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
I did. I like the GL pegs more than the lowering kit, so those will stay no matter. I guess I answered my own question.
Glad to hear that , I just bought some too.
If you're sure you like them might as well drill the extensions, they show up used pretty often for not too much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the pics - I'll move this to the footpeg sub-forum.

It sure 'looks' like the peg feelers wouldn't touch as soon on the wing pegs vs the ST pegs... any comments?
Transferring this post to the 'footpeg sub-forum' is why I missed it the first time.

Glad I saw it tonight.

Thanx.

ocho nueve

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Glad to hear that , I just bought some too.
If you're sure you like them might as well drill the extensions, they show up used pretty often for not too much.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're right. I picked up the set I have used for cheap, so the pain of drilling MCL's beautiful pieces won't hurt as much as it might others. I'll get on it tomorrow and report back.

celestus

This space for rent.
Bike
ST
looking at the pictures there seems to be a 1/4inch spacer on the ST1300 feelers. Does the spacer on the GL pegs give appropriate space to touch first?

I sent some members of gl1800 owners and goldwing owners and bought a pair within a couple hours.

Top Bottom