Just Installed Some GL 1800 Pegs...PICTURES!

I just installed some GL 1800 pegs I found cheap on ebay.

The pictures show before and after, and the top and side views illustrate the size difference.

Easy to install, just undo the cotter pin, pull the main pin and insert new peg. Reverse process. Done. Ten minutes. You'd swear they were made for the ST.

Should be more comfortable.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks for the pics - I'll move this to the footpeg sub-forum.

It sure 'looks' like the peg feelers wouldn't touch as soon on the wing pegs vs the ST pegs... any comments?

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Just added this to the "to be farkled" list. Man that thing is getting long. Good thing God made winter and overtime:D:policeST:

OP
OP
jackhammer50
Took it out for a ride today to test the new pegs and my first flip-up full-face helmet.

At noon it was cold for Florida (50) and blowing 30 mph. I was doing 65mph into the 30 mph headwind....brrrr! Please, I know...but cut me some slack, us Floridians have thin blood...Ha!

The pegs are way more comfortable.

Full face helmet was wonderful in the cold wind too. I am now a convert...until it warms back up. Then I'll use which ever of my growing collection of helmets is appropriate for the weather.

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300

It sure 'looks' like the peg feelers wouldn't touch as soon on the wing pegs vs the ST pegs... any comments?
When I installed my GW pegs I found the end of the peg (bottom surface) which is fairly soft rubber would be the first thing to touch down.

I prefer the metal scrape feel first so I added a stack of 3 thick washers under each feeler on the GW pegs. Total thickness almost 1/4".

I find now that they will scrape lightly before the rubber does giving a better "feel". :04biker:

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
When I installed my GW pegs I found the end of the peg (bottom surface) which is fairly soft rubber would be the first thing to touch down.

I prefer the metal scrape feel first so I added a stack of 3 thick washers under each feeler on the GW pegs. Total thickness almost 1/4".

I find now that they will scrape lightly before the rubber does giving a better "feel". :04biker:
Good idea. You have now forced me to add a sub forum to my "To Be Farkled" list. I now have a "Farkle the Farkle" list too. *Oh! The humanity!*

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Good idea. You have now forced me to add a sub forum to my "To Be Farkled" list. I now have a "Farkle the Farkle" list too. *Oh! The humanity!*
That is a good one. I find myself farkling the farkle quite often as ideas for improvements come to me. Sometimes I think it is an obsession. But it is fun. :04biker:

Bike
2013 GL 1800
STOC #

With out checking it out I believe the GL pegs might touch first because they are longer in length.
Sonny

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I dug up the part numbers for the pegs and added them to the PartsCatalog page on STWiki.

The Gold WIng parts fiche is dizzying...

--Mark

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Great thread. Thanks for the pics Jack and for stopping by to show the pegs. I'll start looking for a pair of the GL1800 pegs to switch out. The 3/4" of extra room sounds good for my longer legs without getting a lowering kit. I've been happy with the STock pegs, so this should just make me even . . . happier!

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Great thread. Thanks for the pics Jack and for stopping by to show the pegs. I'll start looking for a pair of the GL1800 pegs to switch out. The 3/4" of extra room sounds good for my longer legs without getting a lowering kit. I've been happy with the STock pegs, so this should just make me even . . . happier!
I found that sometimes on a long trip with the stock pegs I would get tired feet ( tender in the arches ) from having my feet on the pegs over a long day . Even with good Alpinestars touring boots.

The GW pegs have solved that, much more comfortable. :04biker:

Last edited:
Top Bottom