970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well this is an old thread and my ST is an old bike so I finally got one of these G2 throttle tamer from a member here and decided to install it today using most of Mellow's information. The only thing that had me worried was my Honda original heated grips that have been on the bike since day one and have never had any problems with them working. How I planned my attack on removing the original throttle and grip as one unit, so I could put it in the vise and pry off the heated grip. This worked great all I had to do was twist very hard and pull up and the heated grip came off with no problems. I took my time cleaning off the old glue by just rubbing my fingers inside the grip. I took a round file also to make sure it was smooth inside. I test fit it on the tamer and it looked like there was no way it was going to fit, I took a piece of sandpaper and took a small amount off the rough section of the tamer. Test fit again and I could get it about 1/4 the way on. Now I took some hair spray and hit the inside of the grip and the outside of the tamer and the heated grip slid right on. Placed it where it was and plugged the wires back in and it still works!! :D I do have another set of Honda heated grips that I would have used if this did not work. So the moral of this is if you are worried about reusing your Honda grips you can, just take your time and be careful with them. Now when the hair spray dries I will have to get out and test this out. I hope it is as good as others have stated here.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
970mike said:
I hope it is as good as others have stated here.
While it didn't eliminate the FI lurching it was night and day for me. I imagine if you were less annoyed or more skilled at working the throttle at low-speed/small openings than I am it may not be that big of a deal for you. Some members tried it and didn't like it at all or enough to keep it. At $80 it's got the best ROI of any farkle I've done so far. I hope it works well for you.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just used this information again on my 2012 ST1300, I am also installing the factory Honda Heated Grips. :biggrin:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Does anyone have a part number for the G2?
Just go to the G2 Throttle Tamer site and pick Honda. IIRC that's what I did. Worked like a charm. I don't remember if there was a part number or just a selector.

Top Bottom