Replacement Parts

Well, I dropped my bike (2003 ST1300). I was trying to make a three point turn on a friend's driveway that has an 18% grade. It was very... disheartening. I smashed right hand mirror, mirror cover housing, the engine guard cover, and really scratched up the hard luggage. So, am I stuck with going to the dealer for parts? Any advise?

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
call Tim at ww.Hondaacuraworld.com, he can get you the parts at a bit of a discount....saved me about a grand last yr when I hit a dog..good luck

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I'll second the recommendation for Tim. I've ordered a lot of stuff from him and the prices have always been good enough that I don't bother asking him for quotes anymore. Figure out the part numbers and quantities you need ahead of time. I'm not sure, but I think Tim gives a little extra discount if he doesn't have to do any research.

Tim's email is hondacuraworld@aol.com.

--Mark

I had good luck finding a person parting out an ST by posting to all the ST boards. I'll PM you with a possible e-mail adress.

With my BMW I had good luck finding used parts in California because they were used by lots of police departments in that state. If you can locate a dealer who's sold a bunch of police STs you might find the graveyard.

Google motorcycle used parts, scrap yard or some such and you might find used parts source.

you can try some of the online places and probably beat the dealer's prices by a bit. my local dealer has to wait for shipments, so reguardless of who you buy from, you won't get the parts that day.

OP
OP
Thanks for all of the replies. I will definitely look into the luggage guard since the cover is over $300!. This little fall is going to cost almost $500!!!! I guess a good rule of thumb is not to drop your bike. ;-)

Well, I dropped my bike (2003 ST1300). I was trying to make a three point turn on a friend's driveway that has an 18% grade. It was very... disheartening. I smashed right hand mirror, mirror cover housing, the engine guard cover, and really scratched up the hard luggage. So, am I stuck with going to the dealer for parts? Any advise?
Charles,

Last year after not putting the side stand all the way into position. I thought it was all the way forward. Wrong!!! I went to put air in the front tire and while moving the wheel into position the stand moved and the bike went over on its left side. No way could I stop it. Way to heavy. Luckily I was on the back side from the fall or it could have damaged me. It damaged the mirror, crash bar cover and the rear luggage. Replaced the damaged parts and did a paint job on the mirror cover and damaged luggage. Color match is very close. A 2 second incident cost me about $300.

OldWingit

Ed Wing
Bike
ST1300
Do those of you with tip over damage have rear top boxes on your ST1300's? I have dropped my '03 about five times and no damage except for a scuff under the tip over cover. Only thing that touches is the tires and the tip over braces, on flat ground. Have heard that the top box can cause the bike to go over center and hit the mirror and bags?

Ed

Top Bottom