Armor Draggin Jeans and Knox armor combo

Hello all,

Has anyone combined wearing the Knox Multi-Sport Armored Shorts with the relaxed-fit Draggin Jeans? I would also wear Icon Field Armor-Leg underneath these Draggin Jeans. Specifically, can the Knox shorts be worn under the Draggin Jeans to provide hip, thigh, and rear-end protection?
This combination, if compatible, should provide decent abrasion resistance and impact protection. I am considering this a more comfortable option for the hot/humid summer months.
Thanks in advance for any responses

STOC #
Great idea, have you considered the relaxed fit Draggin jeans with the knox hip and knee protection built in (an option from Draggin?). This is a better option for me as I wear 44X34 jeans and the knox shorts don't come larger than a 38 waist. Bob

I like the Draggin Jeans but not the Knox knee armor that they sell. The armor is supposed to stick to the kevlar knee patch with velcro but I could never get it to stay put, so I doubt its usefulness in a get-off. I inserted some old Roadcrafter knee pads by opening the top seam of the kevlar patches and slipping them in. Seems to be good.

BTW, the jeans aren't as good in hot weather as I had hoped. Maybe it's the ST heat, but the old legs and seat get pretty toasty.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
Draggin Jeans are certainly better than regular jeans, but no substitute for real protective gear (e.g., Cordura) in an accident. And wearing them with armor underneath is better still, but see sentence one.

Hawk52

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
I wear Draggen Jeans with Bohn armor pants under do'nt find it hot biggest problem is the bohn pants do'nt have a fly but a trip to the taylor can fix that.:07biker:

Bike
2008 ST 1300
STOC #
I wear Draggen Jeans with Bohn armor pants under do'nt find it hot biggest problem is the bohn pants do'nt have a fly but a trip to the taylor can fix that.:07biker:
I wear the same combo and even on our west Texas trip in the summer it was real comfortable. I now wear wicking undergear long sleeve shirts under my Tour Master air jacket. I have seen the Draggen Jeans after a spill on the pavement and I was supprised how well the held up slidding on the pavement. Rob:biker:

Top Bottom