ST Riders

Don't know if you're new to the forum but if you are welcome I'm in Coquitlam.
You're gonna feel a lot better in traffic madness between Horseshoe Bay and Vancouver on a proper bike. I commuted Coquitlam to North Van on a XL600 partially on the 1, and I think it's too small and too light for the angry ferry flurry that I often drive through on my way back from Whistler [in a van]. Just curious, do you stay at the bike when the ferry docks or do you have confidence in the blocks they provide; be interested in your experience as I'd like to get mine over to Nanaimo for a day trip soon.
Hi Chris. I’m new to this forum and the bike. I’ve had other bikes in the past but this is a different style of riding. Love it so far!
On the ferry I trust the blocks for smooth sailing, but if things get rough I used to stay with the bike. If it’s bouncing bikes around that’s a rough sea. With the ST I’ll probably put it on the center stand.
I agree with the Upper Levels commute craziness comment. We shall see if a bigger bike is better. I’m the past, when I had time I would drop down to Marine Drive to Dunderaeve. Fun twisty road, but slow.

Bike
91 ST1100
I can add 2 more here as both Deb and I ride ST 1100's. Shovelled a path in the snow so I can move the bikes from the shed into the garage to do some maintenance this weekend. Hoping that the weather will improve enough to let us get out by mid April.
I absolutely love living in a place where year round riding is the norm. It would interfere with my therapy if I had to moth ball my bike for a winter.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Side-stand is more stable by far. Put your motorcycle on the centre-stand and then lean against it. It is surprising how easy it is to push it over passed the tipping point. Do the same on the side-stand- not so easy.

Leave it on the side-stand and lock the front brake in the applied position using your method of choice. Leaving it in gear or not is your choice. Some say the rocking motion is hard on the drive-train. I say balderdash. If the drive-train can't handle that, it would never be able to handle propelling a thousand pounds of motorcycle and rider from a complete stop under heavy acceleration over, and over, and over again.

Bike
ST1100, ST1300
Boy, we now have our very own sub forum, with not much action. I too am curious how many local people we have. Also, how many are going to go to the weSTcan ride in July?
I am going to roll my sicle out in mid April, right after a week in Mexico, and start racking up the miles.
Bby BC

Kirbybikes

Vancouver, B.C.
STOC #
Hi! Still here, kind of after all these years. Yes WeSTcan did happen and was a great time but that was in 2009 and I think 2010. Good times were had by all and many long lasting friendships were formed. Even very early discussions of BC and Alberta WeSToc's were held over post ride beers. Still riding the best 04 Blue (bought 05).

Top Bottom