1991 ST1100 project

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Congrats, I think you've just proved you and George did a good job!
My '01 gets the same in mixed riding.

Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
42 sounds about right. Wish we could all get 50 all the time!
You can!
Drive on Oregon interstates all the time...
Speed limit 55mph and I have found them to be pretty strict with enforcement...

I have calculated 50 or better on the ST1100 and the ST1300 on those *boring* sections!

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I think I need to replace my brake pads in front. It started squeeling yesterday, it is pretty annoying and I use my front brake alot. I ordered seals, I am just kind of looking into what kind of pads I will get. I am also thinking of repainting the right luggage bag, if you guys notice there is a black stripe on it. That was used to be cracked and my buddy fix it before I got the bike. I am looking at color-rite spray can.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I think I need to replace my brake pads in front. It started squeeling yesterday, it is pretty annoying and I use my front brake alot. I ordered seals, I am just kind of looking into what kind of pads I will get. I am also thinking of repainting the right luggage bag, if you guys notice there is a black stripe on it. That was used to be cracked and my buddy fix it before I got the bike. I am looking at color-rite spray can.
Jay, I recommend OEM brake pads.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Quote by jaysponger
I am also thinking of repainting the right luggage bag, if you guys notice there is a black stripe on it. That was used to be cracked and my buddy fix it before I got the bike. I am looking at color-rite spray can.
You could always paint them flat black:)

<<<<<=========

I use EBC pads, FWIW

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Jay, some folks have applied spray on bed liner to ruffed-up parts. Tuff and durable. Not stock looking of course. Depends on what yur going for. Another option would be to find a replacement (E-Bay, Craiglist, etc.)

Keep us poSTed.

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Jay, some folks have applied spray on bed liner to ruffed-up parts. Tuff and durable. Not stock looking of course. Depends on what yur going for. Another option would be to find a replacement (E-Bay, Craiglist, etc.)

Keep us poSTed.

I am trying to go with same color as much as possible.

STOC #
Jay,

Hello. How's that 120 mile commute feel with the ST1100? I guess the ergonomics of the ST may be perfect for you. Have you 'parked' the car yet?

If I come across a silver saddlebag cover, I'll certainly let you know.

Take care & ride safely!

David

OP
OP
jaysponger

jaysponger

Jay Rena
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Update on the jarhead SSMST rocket!

-replaced the front brakes with OEM
-replaced all the rings/seals with OEM

So far I put a little over a thousand miles on the bike and I don't have any complaints. I ordered my first farkle, powerlet kit. I also ordered iridium spark plugs. I am still looking into what to do with the paint project(saddle bag, tank cover, side view mirror cover).

Foolishly pulled carbs, and air intake tubes.. Hell of a problem getting tubes back on carbs.... Any good advice to do that?? Tubes just won't stay in place, nor 'seat' as we try to replace them onto carbs.... Thanks, Howard;)

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
It's a '91, those tubes are at least 22 years old, and live in a very hot environment. Replace them.

Top Bottom