headlight motor problem need help

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I was not aware of the individual up/down's. Makes sense though,,, to be able to sync the two sides,, or even dip the left slightly. thx,, Cat'

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Ah damn guess mine was failing as well. I though that was normal. I ended up having the Stealer replace it while replacing the alternator.
I bet you miss living near me huh?
I have replaced a couple of these in the last couple years.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well you got the left and right correct at least :rofl1:
Like I said...as I understand it, but never tried the up/down part....:well1:

Okay, obviously you are sayingthat I'm wrong with the two bolts one the bottom, fine, lay some of your great wisdom on us to inform us exactly how it works, instead of more wrong information being passed on. This is the second time I have had to pry the info out of you! Instead of you just explaining how it is!

You keep this up and I'm going to have to change your handle to "Idon'tGoFarEnough"! :-|

Last edited:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
My damn computer keeps crashing every time I try to respond to a thread now...
There is a really good article on how to replace the motor, I just can't find it without getting error codes and loosing this site, perhaps you could find the article and attach the link for the OP.
The motor simply unscrews and pulls rearward, then you have to line up the shaft and carefully screw it back in. Can be replaced without removing any bodywork. 15 minute job if things go well.
If you start calling me Idon'tgofarenough, I'll start calling you youneversentmetheabsring :rofl1:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My damn computer keeps crashing every time I try to respond to a thread now...
There is a really good article on how to replace the motor, I just can't find it without getting error codes and loosing this site, perhaps you could find the article and attach the link for the OP.
The motor simply unscrews and pulls rearward, then you have to line up the shaft and carefully screw it back in. Can be replaced without removing any bodywork. 15 minute job if things go well.
If you start calling me Idon'tgofarenough, I'll start calling you youneversentmetheabsring :rofl1:
ToolateIsoldit.... :D

One of the guys on the forum here needed a bunch of parts for his ST1300P, one of which was that ABS ring. :-?

Top Bottom