Cardo Scala Rider Q2 & Volume

fredz43

Fred Z
STOC #
It looks like you can order on line at Cardowireless.com. It is listed on the accessory page. Another item that looks interesting is the repalcement speaker and mic set that has a corded mic for full face helmets. That might be more comfortable than having the mic sock against your lips as is the case with my boom mic. Check it under the Scala Rider tab- accessories.

BTW, has anyone found a distributor for the 12v dual charger (not the AC version)?
Google searching has given me a part number of CARCH06.
However, no US distributors using that part number.

Last edited:
Bike
'93 ST1100
It looks like you can order on line at Cardowireless.com. It is listed on the accessory page. Another item that looks interesting is the repalcement speaker and mic set that has a corded mic for full face helmets. That might be more comfortable than having the mic sock against your lips as is the case with my boom mic. Check it here
Been there and still do not see it.
I do see the AC version.
Also see the 12v single version.
No dual 12V that I can see on that page?

fredz43

Fred Z
STOC #
Been there and still do not see it.
I do see the AC version.
Also see the 12v single version.
No dual 12V that I can see on that page?
Ok, are you looking for something that can charge 2 Scala Riders at the same time? I guess I misunderstood what you were looking for.

fredz43

Fred Z
STOC #
My son uses an aux FM transmitter plugged into his MP3 and listens on the FM tuner of his Q2 and it works well.

Guys,

If you are having volume issues on the mp3 player it's because the output of the player isn't very loud. Go to your local Radio Shack and purchase a Boosteroo and give that a try. All you have to do is plug it into the mp3 player, then plug the Scala into it. I did this and it makes it worth keeping my setup.... You can pick that thing up for around 30 bucks...

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
How is the sound quality using the MP3 / ipod? I understand the Q2 do not support stereo, but is that only due to the bluetooth? I would hope the MP3 jack would still be stereo, can anyone confirm.

Does anyone make a unit that you can plug the helmet speakers or plug in your own ear buds. That would solve the concern with being able to hear the helmet speakers

Bike
'93 ST1100
Ok, are you looking for something that can charge 2 Scala Riders at the same time? I guess I misunderstood what you were looking for.
I ended up getting single chargers.
Ebay has sellers, BuyItNow for $2.50 each shipped free. I bought 3 (an extra spare)..
Look for Scala 500, which uses the same charger.

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
After several months of problem free Scala Q2 use, I just recently started wearing earplugs.
I can happily report that if anything, the earplugs make it easier to hear the Q2.
Yes, it is quieter, but it is also much cleaner sounding without the wind noise.
I now find it hard to ride without earplugs.

BTW, has anyone found a distributor for the 12v dual charger (not the AC version)?
Google searching has given me a part number of CARCH06.
However, no US distributors using that part number.
Just bought it for $15 USD from The Helmet Shop in Daytona Beach. I believe you can order online.

My son and I bought the Q2 Multiset last Sept for a 4000 mile trip. We both wear ear plugs and the volume is fine while listening to each others voice calls, while listening to my Bluetooth phone and I also tune the FM receiver to the FM output of my Sirius satellite radio with great results.

However, the MP3 input is useless. It definitely has low volume. We tried 3 different MP3 players with each of our headsets and none put out enough volume to listen to while riding. I put that comment on my registration card when I sent it back to Cardo and hope they paid some attention. When we bought the Q2 Multisets last Sept, that was the first model with the MP3 input, which is one reason we got the latest model. Perhaps they have addressed that problem on newer units?

That being said, I still love the Q2. I use it on my KLR to listen to my Sirius and have Bluetooth phone connectivity, as well as bike to bike when travelling with my son. I use it exclusively on my ST1300, even though I have an Autocom setup in it that I used to have wired to the output of my Sirius and radar detector. The Autocom is stereo, but doesn't have Bluettoth, so I no longer use it.

Someone asked if 4 people with Q2's could talk to each other. As I read the instructions, you can only have 3 people linked to each other.
+1 on what the above poster said....ok for intercom, not so ok for MP3 at riding speed

Top Bottom