Article [11] ST1100 - Split Stebel Horn Install

Bike
2002 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
Bringing an old thread back to life!!

I just got started on this farkle for my 2002 ST1100 ABS. I got my stebel nautilus from aerostich. Just to let everyone know, the trumpet comes glued to the compressor along with the compression fit. When removing my trumpet from the compressor last night, I dissassembled the compressor by accident. I was able to get the compressor back together, but I will have to bench test it tonight to see if it still works.

Thanks for the instructions Uncle Phil!

p.s. If I killed my horn, I will probably buy fiamm freeway blasters instead.

jrp

Bike
ST1100AW
STOC #
Bringing an old thread back to life!!

I just got started on this farkle for my 2002 ST1100 ABS. I got my stebel nautilus from aerostich. Just to let everyone know, the trumpet comes glued to the compressor along with the compression fit. When removing my trumpet from the compressor last night, I dissassembled the compressor by accident. I was able to get the compressor back together, but I will have to bench test it tonight to see if it still works.

Thanks for the instructions Uncle Phil!

p.s. If I killed my horn, I will probably buy fiamm freeway blasters instead.
I am in the market for a horn, and I too have an ABSII ST1100 with the associated space challenges. Found a horn similar to the stebel called the Denali Soundbomb. They sell a version of it with the compressor and horn already separated: https://denalielectronics.com/collections/all-horns/products/tt-sb-10100-b

Has anyone tried this one?

Jeff

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
The problem I had with the Stebels (I've since switched to the Fiamms) is that if much water got in the trumpet, it killed them.
The compressor still worked fine (even replaced replace the trumpet with a Wolo Bad Boy trumpet once.)
I've not had a minutes trouble with the Fiamms and they are pretty close to the same loudness.

Reactions: jrp
Top Bottom