The Muffler Man Photo Challenge

So I tend to learn new things when I am out riding and today was no different. I picked up the tag in Estes Park, Colorado and was riding around aimlessly trying to decide where to move the tag to. I was heading down HWY 66 near Lyons when I spotted a 20 foot tall cowboy. I had to make this the new tag.

Well I found this thing odd so I hit google to find answers. I learned that he is known as a Muffler man. They can be found in different forms (Cowboys, Indians, Clowns, etc.) across the country.

I found a website Clicky dedicated to tracking these over-sized statues.

So now the tag challenge. Check the list and find a muffler man in your area. Take a pic of your bike in front of the muffler man and post it here. If you know of a muffler man that is not on the above website add it too. Let's see if we can get a photo of a ST in front of every known Muffler Man in the country.

I will start us out with 12765 N. 63rd Street Lyons/Longmont, Colorado

Since this was put in the tag section it automatically places the tag rules at the top, so let's clarify the rule modifications for this challenge.

TAG Rules

1. You ride to the current tag photo. No need unless you really want to ride
2. You photograph your bike at that location showing both your bike and the object in the photo. Don't need this one either
3. You then take a photo of your bike in front of another landmark, geographic location, etc. (Must be a Muffler man)
4. Post both photo's following the rules. Just post your muffler man bike photo along with location
5. Another rider then must tag your photo. Not needed but you can if you wish
6. If your tag location was previously tagged, it will not count, might be a good idea to get 2 pics so you have an alternate. Not needed

In other words Find a MM and post it. Heck I will even take photos taken in the past as long as your ST is in it (thanks Solo).

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Re: The Muffler Man Tag Challenge

I've seen the indian in Oklahoma, and a few of the others, and you have a great idea. I'll see what I can do as I head for OzarkSToc and CampSToc. The closest one to me in CA is Escondido.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Fun idea John. There was one decads ago in my home town in Wyoming...its long gone now. I see 4 others within 90 miles of my hometown though. :D

OP
OP
kc0bid

I'm seeing the picture. Is it not showing up for you?
It showed up I just cut it out of the quote. I was asking if you had this photo in you files or if you are just really fast at tagging and where is this muffler man so everyone knows his location.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

Well, here's the first one for me. I was out getting the SoCal tag, and on the way back home, I just happened to be tooling down Valley Parkway in Escondido and look what I found at a muffler shop!!! LOL.

Attachments

Bike
None
STOC #

Well, here's the first one for me. I was out getting the SoCal tag, and on the way back home, I just happened to be tooling down Valley Parkway in Escondido and look what I found at a muffler shop!!! LOL.
Unbelievable!:hat1:

Mac this made me LMAO! For a second there I thought the Muffler Man had a roller-blade on his right foot!!! If someone had been riding with you on another Wing and the two of you had positioned them just right, he would have had a whole pair! Or would a pair of Wings turned him into the god Mercury...:rofl1:

OP
OP
kc0bid

Good one now we are up to three comfirmed sightings keep them coming.
Posted via Mobile Device

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #

Hopefully, I should have one tomorrow....

Putt...

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR

When I first got the ST, I kept a notebook with Lat/Long of all the Muffler Men I found.

If I can only find that notebook....
Posted via Mobile Device

Rich R

GLMC-127 TS-671 IBA-37479
Bike
K1600 GTLE
STOC #

When I first got the ST, I kept a notebook with Lat/Long of all the Muffler Men I found.

Posted via Mobile Device
Dude,
It fell outa your stich at the Hutsonville sign I think :)
Rich

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #

Posted via Mobile Device
That's like me. Not that I even took notes. :eek:: I know I've seen several muffler men in the past but I couldn't begin to tell you where. :cool:

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #

Nauvoo High School Mascot
Nauvoo, IL..
mufflerman.jpg

Putt...

Top Bottom