The Muffler Man Photo Challenge

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
I just came across this thread and thought I'd add a quick story to this muffler man.

Canyon is where I grew up. When I was a kid in the mid to late 60's, Randall had real clothes, blue jeans and a checkered shirt. He stood high above the Cowboy Cafe.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1994-02-27/news/9402220762_1_curio-shop-panhandle-cigarette

Just happen across Tex Randall in Canyon, TX this weekend.

Tex Randall, Big Texan:
Address: 14th St., Canyon, TX
Directions: On the corner of 14th St. and 2nd Ave., which is easy to get to via eastbound US 60/Hereford Highway at the 15th St. overpass.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version Name: Tex Randall - Canyon, TX.JPG Views: 15 Size: 249.8 KB ID: 47172

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Allright, it's been a couple and a half years since the last Muffler Man. I looked quickly through the thread and didn't see that anybody had gotten this one in Prescott, AZ.

Prescott_MufflerMan_Phartz.jpg

Have you stopped at Big Johnson lately? :D

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Allright, it's been a couple and a half years since the last Muffler Man. I looked quickly through the thread and didn't see that anybody had gotten this one in Prescott, AZ.

Prescott_MufflerMan_Phartz.jpg

Have you stopped at Big Johnson lately? :D
Ah, where's your bike? Lol

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
So here's a headless muffler man in Greensburg, PA. I'm on my way to OHSTOC by a roundabout route .... (currently camping in WV).
Anyway this guy used to be a Paul Bunyan. Now he's a headless football player. Apparently he lost his head in a very bad storm. Don't we all know how that feels ... ;-) :shrug2:

Here's the story

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DAS

STOC #
Not sure if this one has been presented here or not.
School Mascot for the St. Maries, ID Lumberjacks

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
rsz_20160411_172959.jpg

Here's another. Apparently he's been around this town a long time.....Wilson NC. There's another one of a woman, she's in a boob-tube and daisy dukes, but I'm gonna have to work to get a pic of that one. I was actually invited to go to where she lives last weekend, she's on private property, but work got in the way....darn job.....

Last edited:

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I went on a Muffler Man IBA Bun Burner this year....

Big John: Great Falls, MT
MM1 Big John.jpg

Big Martha: Blackfoot, ID
MM2 Big Martha.jpg

Big Don: Pocatello, ID (inside)
MM3 Big Don.jpg

Cowboy Wendell: Wendell, ID
MM4 Cowboy Wendall.jpg

Rainbow Cowboy / Bikini Uniroyal Gal (with tire!!!)
Pomeroy, ID
MM5 Rainbow Cowboy Bikini Uniroyal GAl.jpg

To be assembled... John Chief Junker: Pomeroy, ID
MM6 John Chief Junker.jpg

Heyburn Elementary Lumberjack: Saint Maries, ID
(green and yellow are school colors, sometimes repainted traditional red and black)
MM7 HeyburnElementaryLumberjack.jpg

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Insert Tab "A" into Slot "B"...

@Larry Fine The guy that owns the Rainbow Cowboy and Bikini Uniroyal Gal purchased the Chief Statue and had just picked it up. His name is John and he has the most impressive collection of antique items, automobilia, cars, etc, etc, I've ever seen. Not even does American Pickers compare!

Anyway, he has an old-time neon sign that says John C Junker Real Estate. He plans to make it prominent on his property because he's a self-proclaimed Junker. The C is obviously now for Chief and the Indian statue will be placed next to it. Looking at his other items, I'll bet he does it and I'll take another pic.

Top Bottom