Over sized and odd ball attractions

I started a Muffler Man tag thread looking for all the Muffler men in the country. It has taken on a life of its own and now it is growing in to all things odd. So to keep the integrity of the muffler man thread this is now the place to post all of your over sized and odd ball things you see while riding. Same rules apply as the muffler man you do not need to tag the previous post but I would like to see your bike in the photo.

And Mellow get your finger off of your delete key this time. :D

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Hey, you guys down around Alton,
Post up some stuff about Robert Wadlow....

Putt...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
This and the muffler man thread aren't really tags are they? Just individual photos of those objects.

If so, I may move this to the photo sub-forum.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Would a mod please move my tobacco shop guy and largest rocking chair pics to this thread?? TNX,

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
My first contributions -

Big Goose in Wawa, Canada

Bigfoot along highway 1 in California

Hillbilly Mercedes in Spencer, TN

Reputed to be the Largest Cross in Western Hemisphere off I40 near Amarillo

BTW, all taken on various rides I've done

Attachments

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Would a mod please move my tobacco shop guy and largest rocking chair pics to this thread?? TNX,
Sorry, but since you started that before this one, a copy would make this the first post in the thread. You'll have to repost..

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Sorry, but since you started that before this one, a copy would make this the first post in the thread. You'll have to repost..
Phhhhhhhhhttttt!!! Jus' leave'em there, then. I'll get some fresh ones on continuing trips. It's all fun. :D

Here's one that Moonshiners will remember....look closely and you'll see Motomac in there too...
His bike is behind Lincoln...that's my "story" and I'm sticking to it! Oh well...it meets the TALL criteria....and my saying his bike is behind the statue wins the "Tall Tale" category! Don't think the Resort would have appreciated him "taking the road less traveled" here...although that didn't stop him in Arkansas now did it?

womantriker

Attachments

scootac

Will Ride for Food
I've got a pic of me pulling a teat (hard to remember how to spell it the "polite" way) on a huge cow statue along I-94 in New Salem ND. :D
It's at home, and not digital, so you'll have to take my word for it and use your imagination, but it's there!
Can anybody confirm?

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I got a couple more today, including a muffler man (on that thread) while travleing between St. Anthony, IN and Aurora, IL

First, correct format, wrong animal, and only life-size, not giant.
temp 510 002.jpg This is in Linton, IN on IN-54.

Just a few miles farther west, found this defunct AMTRAK TurboPower engine and passenger car. Unit #59, this relic is famous among the train watchers. Found it by coincidence, but search those terms on Goggle and it'll show up.
temp 510 004.jpg These turbine-powered trains were imported from France, was supposed to be our answer to the bullet trains. Didn't last long.

This is what it's supposed to look like:

Third one is on a downtown corner in little Oakland, IL, somewhere between Moonshine and Kankakee. Not very big but definitely fiberglass.
temp 510 008.jpg

Now I gotta find a zebra and a gorilla. :D

Last edited:
Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
I don't have a picture (maybe, but not digital) of The Fish tavern at Wolf Bay, Lake Couer de Lane, Idaho. You walked in the mouth, the patio was out the back. Yep, you got it right. Darn thing burned about 15 years ago.

Oh, first time in you pasted a $1.00 bill on the wall or the celing. May have been why it burned, a $1.00 bill burglary:)

Bike
2005 ST1300
We have some odd stuff in this country is the chopper rideable or just for show?
Brian AKA Georgeorge (he's on the left) and I came across this bike on the way back from a ride down south. We were across the street quite some distance away getting gas when I spotted the monster...Had to go check it out. I have since seen it's story on a show called "Big" (appropriately enough) ont he Discovery Channel.

Here is another pic and more about it gather from a google search:

This one is named “Big.” The bike sits in front of the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. It is billed as the world’s largest, rideable motorcycle chopper (pay no attention to the training wheels under the primary cover). It will seat five people and is 23 feet long and eight feet high. It was built for the TV show of the same name on the Discovery Channel, then purchased by the museum. When I visited there last summer, the owner of the museum Dale Walksler fired it up and rode it around the parking lot with his dog on board.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Here's a couple unusual sights, without the motorcycle tho. The third (with bike) is in my sister's garage with an art project from her youngest daugheter. Gotta go find a Muffler (wo)Man who would fit it. :D

temp 12 032.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
Are we doing undersized?

Me on the left after an experimental diet pill...(Some fell into the gas tank of the ST as well..Dont ask)

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
It would appear that someone has been carving on a mountain in South Dakota. :shrug1:

If Mt Rushmore this isn't 'oversized' and an 'attraction', I don't know what is! :D

By the way, Hwy 16A is a wonderful ride! I had it mostly to myself (other than a few pesky buffalo). There are three corkscrews in that road where the road goes under itself in a loop...most are ~400 degree turns! Fun.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom