ST1100 Police Edition seat change

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
I am looking into purchasing a '03 ST1100 police edition. It has the single seat with rear seat box. Does anyone have any experience with changing this to a regular 2 place seat. Would like to know if it bolts right in or if this is a major changeout. My wife would prefer a softer pad than the box.

JRob

Hound has more experince with this, but I believe that the seat release mechanism needs to be shifted, otherwise no other dramas. You will also need the rear pegs, and passenger grab rails. I found that the grab rails, besides offering a plce to help the pilliom stay on, adds support for the rear rack if you are going to use it.

Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
The seat release latch is bolted to the radio plate. Remove the plate, remove the bolt holding the latch and slip the cable out of the retainer, then install it under the slot in back. Use a small mirror to see the cable retainer and slide it in by feel. Takes me ten minutes to swap from solo to dual or back. My wife has her own bike.

OP
OP
JRob
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
If someone happens upon this post looking to make the seat change feel free to contact me. I purchased the 1100P and with the help of those above learned what it takes to make it happen. I can now make the change out in about 20 minutes. Oddly, the hardest part (for me) is the latch clip.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Oddly, the hardest part (for me) is the latch clip.
hmm... after ~6 years of practice?? :lol:

Did you keep rear cowl, radio plate, single seat and rear gantry, or are those already sold?

OP
OP
JRob
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
If you have done the clip on a 'P' model you know it's not conducive to fat finger syndrome...

I kept all pieces and still swap them back and forth. Unfortunately not for sale....

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
If you have done the clip on a 'P' model you know it's not conducive to fat finger syndrome...
Yep, BTDT... ;-)
I kept all pieces and still swap them back and forth.
Same here, even purchased new foam strips and rubber-skirts to complete the cowl; improved the mounts for the coccyx pad/support.
Unfortunately not for sale....
LOL! Ditto, but I do have a rear gantry extra (signal lamp holder)

Top Bottom