Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Here you go;

Ref # 37 64382-MCS-A31 DEFLECTOR B, R. SIDE 1 ea. $55.76
Ref # 39 64384-MCS-A31 TAPE, VELCRO 2 ea. $3.58
Ref # 38 64383-MCS-A31 RIVET, PUSH 2 ea. $1.24
Ref # 41 64392-MCS-A31 DEFLECTOR B, L. SIDE 1 ea. $55.76

I believe that they are the same P/N for all model years but you should check this as well as whether or not these numbers have been replaced by updated numbers as Honda seems to like to do that a lot.

Last edited:

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Sportznut,
Depends on just what you need............order only what you need.
You can find the entire "set" left or right side or both for a bit less.
This helps if you have lost one of the service covers.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I am cornfused as usual. Do I need to order all these parts on the for full deflector coverage? About $300 total?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Sportznut,
Depends on just what you need............order only what you need.
You can find the entire "set" left or right side or both for a bit less.
This helps if you have lost one of the service covers.
To purchase complete sets, go under the "Accessories" tab on the parts fisch and you'll see two types of deflectors. The sets are pricey, but they are more if you try to buy them one piece at a time!

Mirror Deflector Set

Fairing Deflector Set

I think Honds should give me a 50% discount on my next sets....When I go to buy them for the new '04, I will be buying my fourth set of both! (Actually 5th set...when the '05 was hit 6 years ago - yesterday- they had to replace them! :eek:4:

Last edited:

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
3M makes a product called "3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter 06396". It comes in little packets with a wet-wipe type of towel inside, the towel is soaked in the product.

I have had excellent results in the past using this wet-wipe to clean and prepare the plastic surface that the adhesive will be attached to. This product is not sold at retail, but most auto body supply shops (especially auto body paint shops, the folks who supply the paint) will have it. Cost is about $1 per packet.

Michael

STOC #
the cheapest 3M adhesion wipes that I have seen in amazon is around $13bucks (4pcs pack).. hurhur.. Most of the reviews indicate some mar on the surface of the paint. only applies to where you want them to stick on. any other cleaning solution?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
the cheapest 3M adhesion wipes that I have seen in amazon is around $13bucks (4pcs pack).. hurhur.. Most of the reviews indicate some mar on the surface of the paint. only applies to where you want them to stick on. any other cleaning solution?
I only use a little alcohol and I've probably put more of those on than most. Haven't had any issues, other than when I take the windshield area apart, I have to put new mounting tape on, or it won't stick! :eek:4:

I've just purchased my first ST1300abs. It has the pan European bag and we ride 2-up most of the time. My wife finds the winds a problem. Do you know if the wind deflector kits will improve the wind issue for the passenger?

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I've just purchased my first ST1300abs. It has the pan European bag and we ride 2-up most of the time. My wife finds the winds a problem. Do you know if the wind deflector kits will improve the wind issue for the passenger?
No the deflectors will not help with that, you need to replace your windscreen with another brand and that will help that. Do a search on windscreens and you will find all kinds of positives and negatives about the different brands out there.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Thanks Mike, I'll start looking. It's looking like I have to do something or else keep riding the wing.:eek:
Another thing to think about is the helmet your pillion is wearing. A previous bike I purchased used came with a Bell helmet that my wife found unwearable because of how it handled the airflow. She changed helmets and that solved the buffeting problem. On the other hand, if your wife is used to riding on a Wing I'm not sure anything you can do to the ST will equal that lap of luxury comfort. :)

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Bringing an old thread back to life, momentarily.

I am considering adding the air deflectors to my bike, and am especially interested in the mirror air deflectors as a means of keeping my hands a touch less cold on chilly riding days.

For those who have them: what impact do they have on tupperware removal and re-installation? Apart from inflating the tires, there seems to be no routine maintenance that does not require at least partial removal of the fairings.

Anything that needs the middle cowl removed means that the mirror covers have to be removed first; do the mirror air deflectors complicate that by spanning the joint between the mirror cover and the middle cowl panel? If I've got the air deflectors firmly taped in place as recommended in this thread, what are the implications?

[EDIT: further review of search results turned up a current thread that seems to show that the mirror deflector kit is separate parts for the dashboard area and the mirror housing, so all I want is confirmation, either there or here.]

Thanks~

Last edited:
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Bringing an old thread back to life, momentarily.

I am considering adding the air deflectors to my bike, and am especially interested in the mirror air deflectors as a means of keeping my hands a touch less cold on chilly riding days.

For those who have them: what impact do they have on tupperware removal and re-installation? Apart from inflating the tires, there seems to be no routine maintenance that does not require at least partial removal of the fairings.

Anything that needs the middle cowl removed means that the mirror covers have to be removed first; do the mirror air deflectors complicate that by spanning the joint between the mirror cover and the middle cowl panel? If I've got the air deflectors firmly taped in place as recommended in this thread, what are the implications?

Thanks~
Keith,
I have a complete set of deflectors on my bike and have not experienced any problems taking the Tupperware on and off. I do keep a couple spare push rivets for the midddle cowl lids as these have caused problems for some. So far so good!

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Keith,
I have a complete set of deflectors on my bike and have not experienced any problems taking the Tupperware on and off. I do keep a couple spare push rivets for the midddle cowl lids as these have caused problems for some. So far so good!
Thanks, Fali!

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Removal of the upper cowl - the section above the headlight and under the windscreen - requires removing two sections of the deflector from the upper cowl section and R & R the two sided tape from the back of the deflector pieces. The deflector piece overlaps the black plastic part under the windscreen and the painted upper cowl.

I've had to do this only twice in 11 years though as it's almost never required to remove this fairing piece. No routine maintenance is under there unless greasing the windscreen tracks are part of your routine.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59734&d=1271430299

Last edited:
Bike
2004 Honda ST1300
Top Bottom