Article [13] ST1300 - Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control Install

First of all I wanted to say there are several great articles out there documenting how to install this cruise control. In fact, that is one of the reasons why I picked the Audiovox over the Rostra.

I just finished installing mine and made a couple of "tweaks" along the way:

I found this check valve in the HELP section of my local PepBoys. What I liked about it was the built in T and the opening inside diameter of the tubing was a lot bigger than the standard check valve most people use.

I debated about using a vacuum tank and finally decided to make one out of 1 1/2" abs drain pipe I had laying around:

The tank fit nicely into this area. Also you can see the vacuum line from the servo coming in on the left and the location of where I placed the check valve

I didn't like how the cruise control linkage was normally mounted on top of the factory cables - there didn't seem to be a lot of room. I cut the Audivox cruise control bracket as noted (3 holes showing) and while playing around with it, I noticed a spot in the carburetor linkage where I could add a bolt with a washer that would allow the bracket to pivot. I also used two large nuts as spacers that got the linkage out and away from everything else. I could then run the cable under the factory cables where it is out of the way:

I made a bracket for the controls out of a scrap piece of 1/8" aluminum I had laying around. I trimmed the top of the bracket that holds the clutch assembly to the handlebars by a corresponding amount:

Here is how it turned out:

Just another way to do it :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Re: Just finished my Audiovox cruise install :)

Usefull info. I filed it with my other cruise info while I build up the nerve to tackle the project.

Re: ST1300-Audiovox Cruise Install

I was wondering how you managed to trim that piece off the clutch lever mount. What type of tool did you use. I'm thinking of mounting my switch like you did, it's fairly neat and tidy. Great Post!!!

OP
OP

I set the piece down on a flat surface and then used a fat pointed magic marker to draw a black line around the base - basically what I wanted to cut off. Then I cut it with a dremel tool with the little cut off discs - your just taking off the thickness of the bracket your going to use. A little filing to clean it up.

I was pleased in how it worked out and ended up making a similar bracket for the other side to mount my tire pressure monitor on

Hi Gitsum,

Am new to the site and a recent proud owner of a candy assed ST1300a 07. (had only done 800 Kms) Was very interested in the tire pressure guage. Where did you get it and how much.$$, Was it hard to fit. Also how much was the cruise control to buy. PS some great riding here in Aus. My brother in law recently bought a black '10 1300 and he's also in love.
Cheers

John

MerlF

Chuck Welsh
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300AD 2013

Thanks for the informative instructions. I am in the process of installing the cruise control. Not sure of the reason for a tee and a two way check valve, or are they the same piece.

Top Bottom