2006 ST1300 Tool Kit

Bike
BMW F700GS
STOC #
Hmmm, just had a need to use the tools in Honda's ST1300 tool kit. I had a 2005, so foolish me, assumed the same type of tool kit would be in the 2006. But alas I was wrong. In another customer relations coup d'?tat, Honda apparently decided that a piece of foam, a plastic pouch and one allen key gets the job done and meets customer's expectations. (other posts indicate this is the current tool kit)

This must be from the same crack team that decided that the saddlebag restrainer straps that came standard in the ST1100 were not needed in the ST1300. And the same folks that decided when a customer buys the rubber side air deflectors for around $200, and the push pins break, not to have them available unless a person buys a new kit.

"News dated June 15, 2009: Honda sold 320,000 units to North America ? the U.S., Canada and Mexico ? in its recently ended fiscal year, down from 453,000 units in the previous year.

?Submitted by Guido Ebert"

Honda has one of the larger sales losses in the powersports industry this last quarter. Has Honda's level of customer service helped or hindered their recent sales figures? Not for me to say.

river

Comin' in hot
Bike
Blackie
If you order/buy a 2006 toolkit from Honda it has the full complement of tools. The one that comes with the bike doesn't.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I have always used the stock tools when possible.

I won't buy a bike that doesn't have the tools tools necessary to remove the wheels. Even Hyundais come with a jack and lug wrench.

Yet another reason to keep the 1100. <NOT ducking this time>

Bike
ST 1300
If you folks think that a missing tool kit is bad wait till you get to see a new camaro. In the spare tire well is the battery and no spare. You get a little 12 volt compressor with a built in canister of fix a flat. From what I could see the can of fix a flat is not replacable once used although you could carry a spare can. By the way the tires are NOT run flats. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom