Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick-O-Pegs install on my ST1300

Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Mick-O-Pegs install on my ST1300

Well I have been looking for highway pegs for a while now and have not liked the idea of the flip out style mounted on the tip over bars thinking the position of my foot would be too high when I want to extend & lower my leg to relieve my soreness.

The centerline of the Mick-O-Peg to the bikes peg is 3" lower and 9" forward. I have the wind deflectors installed on the fairing which caused a little pressure on the inside of my leg (it is not bad & I assume I will adapt over time). I would guess this is the same as those who use the tip over bar wing style as well. I like the riding position well enough and really like the auto retract feature of the spring loaded arm.

There are more pictures in my Album.

[IMG] albumid=994&pictureid=9538[/IMG]

Bike
    06 ST1300
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

Re: Mick-O-Pegs install on my ST1300

where did you get them from?

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2006 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

sorry I should have included this

Tip Overs:
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Wow, these sure look like they'd scrape whilst cornering.....

Could you link the additional photos?
    corvus corax

Raven1 '06 7/15-9/18/2006 RIP-4475
    Raven2 '06 ABS
    NX250 '89 got dirt?

http://www.st-owners.com/forums//image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6046&dateline=1172509  671

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Wow, these sure look like they'd scrape whilst cornering.....
    They're spring loaded and pop up when not using them. They can't be used in the twisties. There are more pictures here.

Just how strong is that bracket in a tip over?

Hojo
    2006 ST1300 ABS
    IBA # 24485

Bike
    '02 GL1800
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hojo in sc View Post
    Just how strong is that bracket in a tip over?
    You'll notice an "end mill" groove along the back of the bracket, just above the top of the 'cover'. If your bike falls, the bottom edge of our cover will touch before the tip over bar touches to support the weight of your bike. The design allows the Mick-O-Peg bracket to fold in to protect your fairing.

Here's where we need help from customers who are among the first to drop their bike: If you'll provide us with information and pictures about what happened when you drop your bike, we'll provide free Mick-O-Peg replacement parts.
    When comfortable... ridingiswonderful

MOPMan (Jim Mick)

Tip Overs:
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ddking View Post
    They're spring loaded and pop up when not using them. They can't be used in the twisties. There are more pictures here.

Obviously one wouldn't use them in the deployed position whilst cornering but they still look like they'd scrape in the un-deployed position if one were at a track day utilizing maximum lean angle (since none of us would be at maximum lean angle on the street unless it was an extreme emergency).

I'd definitely like to see a pair in action as I like the idea but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with something that hangs or mounts BELOW the crash bars.

I have used the Mick-O-Pegs on my GL1800 and loved 'em, but I'm not ready to jump on 'em with the ST1300 just yet. I'm sure Mike has taken into consideration the lean angle on a FLAT surface, but as stated, in a hot turn, it might be a little less predictable.

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Obviously one wouldn't use them in the deployed position whilst cornering but they still look like they'd scrape in the un-deployed position if one were at a track day utilizing maximum lean angle (since none of us would be at maximum lean angle on the street unless it was an extreme emergency).

I'd definitely like to see a pair in action as I like the idea but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with something that hangs or mounts BELOW the crash bars.
    I misunderstood you. This picture shows what you say to be true. However, the pegs themselves can be easily screwed off before entering twisties. (One screw per peg.) They are meant for use on the longer, more boring parts of a ride. You gotta ride from Florida to N. GA? These will get you there. Then take 'em off, enjoy the mountains and put 'em back on for the long trip home...unless, of course, you're using a truck or trailer.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast