Mick-O-Pegs install on my ST1300

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Well I have been looking for highway pegs for a while now and have not liked the idea of the flip out style mounted on the tip over bars thinking the position of my foot would be too high when I want to extend & lower my leg to relieve my soreness.

The centerline of the Mick-O-Peg to the bikes peg is 3" lower and 9" forward. I have the wind deflectors installed on the fairing which caused a little pressure on the inside of my leg (it is not bad & I assume I will adapt over time). I would guess this is the same as those who use the tip over bar wing style as well. I like the riding position well enough and really like the auto retract feature of the spring loaded arm.

There are more pictures in my Album.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Wow, these sure look like they'd scrape whilst cornering.....

Could you link the additional photos?

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
They're spring loaded and pop up when not using them. They can't be used in the twisties. There are more pictures here.

Obviously one wouldn't use them in the deployed position whilst cornering but they still look like they'd scrape in the un-deployed position if one were at a track day utilizing maximum lean angle (since none of us would be at maximum lean angle on the street unless it was an extreme emergency). :D

I'd definitely like to see a pair in action as I like the idea but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with something that hangs or mounts BELOW the crash bars.

I have used the Mick-O-Pegs on my GL1800 and loved 'em, but I'm not ready to jump on 'em with the ST1300 just yet. I'm sure Mike has taken into consideration the lean angle on a FLAT surface, but as stated, in a hot turn, it might be a little less predictable.

Obviously one wouldn't use them in the deployed position whilst cornering but they still look like they'd scrape in the un-deployed position if one were at a track day utilizing maximum lean angle (since none of us would be at maximum lean angle on the street unless it was an extreme emergency). :D

I'd definitely like to see a pair in action as I like the idea but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with something that hangs or mounts BELOW the crash bars.
I misunderstood you. This picture shows what you say to be true. However, the pegs themselves can be easily screwed off before entering twisties. (One screw per peg.) They are meant for use on the longer, more boring parts of a ride. You gotta ride from Florida to N. GA? These will get you there. Then take 'em off, enjoy the mountains and put 'em back on for the long trip home...unless, of course, you're using a truck or trailer.:D

OP
OP
OhioScott
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I am going on a vacation next week (week of the 13th July) with my wife's family..... She is riding with her parrents (she is 7months pregnant and stopped riding w/me when she found out we were expecting). Her parrents are nice enough to take he up to the vacation spot so I can ride solo:).

I am going to ride thru as many senic and fun places in PA and NY (finger lakes region) as I can while we are up there. Ride in the morning and drink wine in the evening.:D:D:D

I will let you know if I drag them. I will report back in a couple weeks when we return.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
Is there any possibility of having the peg (the part you rest your foot on) also fold up when not in use? That would reduce the dragging in turns issue. I'm afraid that even on the highway there's always the chance I'll have to make an emergency maneuver, and those could be trouble.

OP
OP
OhioScott
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I would assume this is possible but I think it would be too much fiddling around to get your foot on. I am not known for my nimble reflexes:)

OP
OP
OhioScott
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
sorry for the delay...... I got back from vacation and work just took over my life:mad:

As I have stated before I am not the most aggressive rider. I rode from Central OH to the Finger Lakes Region thru PA on the way up and thru the PA Grand Canyon on the way back. I got into a few twistie areas and lots of miles (1,300+ for the trip). I didn't drag them in the retracted position once and I only rode in the deployed position in large sweeping turns and had no problems.

I rode a few times for 10 mile segments deployed to rest my legs each way. Overall these do the job and I like the self retracting feature. I would like to be able to adjust the upstop a little lower so that when in my roadcrafter suit I did not have to hike my leg up so high to get them down. I also have the heat deflectors on the bike and these stick out a little farther of the edge of the fairing causing my foot position to be outside on the peg a litte and my inner leg to press on the wind deflector. Without the deflectors this may be a little more comfortable.

For a temp change in riding position to relax legs these work quite well. Overall I am happy

Top Bottom