Input on Conti Road Attack Radials

Bike
04-St,95-ultra
Anbody out there running Continential Road Attack Radials or have run these ?

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
These are currently my favorite tires. Turn in is quick and then you need increasing pressure the more you lean over. Took some getting used to but I like it now. Did the total control course with them and could scrape the pegs even with hanging off. Lasted about 7000 miles. More for the sport side of sport touring.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
06 ST
I did a lot of research and I was leaning towards purchasing them until the PR2's came out. I would still like to try them some time.

Bike
08 VFR800, 17 CB1100
The guy I bought my bike from was a hard-core Iron Butt rider. He had wore out the OE tires fairly quickly, installed a dual compound tire (Dunlops?) and disposed of them in a short period of time because he hated the way they handled. When I got the bike at 15K he had installed the Conti RAs and really liked them. They'll need to replaced sometime this fall, but I haven't decided yet what brand to go with yet. I'm a novice rider (1 year) and not very aggresive. My riding style is fairly upright, with a heavy emphasis on keeping it between the lines (not pretty, but functional). The Contis seem to be very good tires, but then again I don't have a lot of experiance to offer a good comparison.

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
I also don't like the dual compound, and the Dunlop roadsmarts in particular. The transition from hard to soft on the same tire I really don't like.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
09 ST1300
STOC #
I got them a couple weeks ago, replacing the OEM 'Stones. I am very impressed, although they are very round and you have to lean with progressively more force as your lean angle increases. Haven't had 'em in the rain yet but 800+ miles of curves in Northern WI and Michigan's UP have me smilin'! Also, I feel a lot more road feedback than I ever did with the OEM tires.
Posted via Mobile Device

STArnie13

R.I.P. - 2020/07/03
Rest In Peace
I have one on the back. It works well but it won't last long enough to suit me. I will try the BTO2O on the back next time.:03biker:

Bike
2003 ST1300
I adore the RAs. The ride is very confidence inspiring and superb stick in the rain. The ride always feels plush. I wore the rear out in 6,000 miles, and the front in 8,500 miles of hard riding: most of it done with 40+ lbs of camping gear. I have leaned the bike hard with camping gear, and ridden long periods at 80mph and control is never a problem.

RodSTer

former username rschween
Bike
2013 R1200GSA
STOC #
I've had two sets now, first set lasted about 7500 miles. About the same as my Bridgestones and my Pilot Roads. The second set rear is only going to make 5500 miles. So I've decided to try the Z6/880 combo. They were great tires, I'd just like to get better mileage.

Bike
'05 ST - R.I.P.
My last tires were Conti Road Attacks. Much of my riding is sharp curves, chip-seal road surface (think: cheese grater), and constant vigilance for Bambi and mom. Absolutely loved the way they handled, and they stuck like glue, rain or shine. Definitely a great tire for the SPORT end of the Sport/Touring concept.

The price one pays for those soft-compound characteristics is not-so-stellar mileage. I wore the back tire to the steel in 5000 miles, fronts looked to have maybe 2000 more in them. That's my experience under my local conditions -- your mileage may vary considerably.

I'd recommend the Conti for superb handling characteristics under, shall we say, spirited riding conditions. For predominantly slab driving, I'd seek a harder rubber compound tire for better mileage.

Top Bottom