Delkevic Exhaust (ST1100)

celestus

This space for rent.
Bike
ST
Re: Delkevic Exhaust

There's 2 youtubes of a hornet 900 with a pair of stock and delkevic exhaust systems. I assume the results are similar on a ST13 perhaps someone with a ST11 can comment if theirs had similar results?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pf4QS2BpGQ&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJcPuGTyqiY&feature=channel

JZH

International Bodger

Delkevic is a brand owned by DK Motorcycles in the UK, which is a large "unofficial" bike importer and bike-breaker (salvage yard). At least, they started out doing those things--not sure how well their Delkevic business is doing these days. Their stuff is all made "overseas", not in Europe. I'm not a big fan of made-up brand names (that sound conveniently like, er, "Akrapovic") slapped onto Chinese-manufactured stuff, but their quality isn't that bad, I hear.

That said, I don't want to knock them too hard, because they also manufacture the only affordable 17" replacement wheels for the NC30/35--and are supposedly even going to manufacture a 17" replacement RC30 rear wheel ("soon"). :)

Ciao,

Bike
good ?

Just ordered 14 " Delkevic for my st. Hoping they help things run a tad cooler too.

Bike
good ?

Just put the exhaust on, simple, sounds GOOD, can't wait to go for test ride.

Bike
ST1100

I fitted the full Delkevic system about a month ago now, definately a bit more poke than the standard system. The Delkevic cans also have a removable baffle which does increase the noise a bit (think it sounds more sports 600 than a touring 1100). With the baffle out there's also a lot less engine braking when rolling off the throttle so watch out if you're following anyone closely, you may find you're using your brakes more than they are. It's not too difficult to fit, I managed it with limited tools but did have to file down some burrs on the inside of the cans where they slip onto the link pipes.

Nice pic. is it a 14" or 18" Delkevic???? (350mm or 450mm lenght)

Tom
Best greatings from Denmark

Bike
ST1100

Been looking to replace my tatty mufflers and these seem pretty good at a great price. Has anyone any info on how well they have lasted or problems occuring after a few years? Thanks

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #

I have had mine for 4+ yrs and 50k+ miles. If I take the time to clean them up, they look like new.
Overall I am very happy with them. I have to say that, for my taste, they are too loud without the baffles. I would not hesitate to put another set on an ST, should the need arise.
Rod

Bike
Vstrom 650

Been looking to replace my tatty mufflers and these seem pretty good at a great price. Has anyone any info on how well they have lasted or problems occuring after a few years? Thanks
I fitted a full set of Delkevic 14 months ago 18" oval cans,very happy with it,easy enough to fit,great sound,I leave the baffles in,bit too loud with them out for me.

Bike
1994 ST1100
Just last week I installed my new Delkevic tri- oval 17" carbon fiber. They not only look great but they sound great as well. I like quiet bikes and I have one, but now with the SOUL. I love them! I felt right away that she breaths better ( I use K&N air filter).
Haven't try it without baffles.

Mark

Here is a picture of the Delkevic Exhaust on my ST1100.
Thanks for the photo. Question: In your original post you said you purchased "a complete system with downpipes", but it looks like your can and connector pipe are new but the collector it connects to looks original. Am I wrong? Thanks again.
Colin in Toronto

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin

I purchased the entire system but never installed the down pipes because my stock down pipes were in great shape. I still have the new downpipes hanging in my garage.

Dan

Bike
Honda GL 1500
STOC #
ST1100
I have had the 350 mm (short) pipes and I love them. They are louder than the stock but not too loud. If I want more sound, I can take out the baffles. My mechanic does not recommend it without jetting the carbs. I am noticing that they get a little louder with time.

Bike
Vstrom 650
What affect would an exhaust leaking at the join of the muffler and link pipe have? just noticed it blowing bubbles there after I washed the bike, I'll try and seal it with silicone, would this have made the bike louder and given worse mpg?

Top Bottom