Delkevic Exhaust (ST1100)

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Re: Delkevic Exhaust

There is an outfit in Denver selling Delkevic cans for mainly sport bikes. Price is about half what you would pay for 2B's or ST's. A couple of people on the Blackbird forum have tried them and are very happy. Had some initial problems with fitment for the centerstand but once that was dealt with, no issues that I am aware of.
Price is certainly right. Wish they would make them for the ST. At the price, they would be worth a try.
Rod

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin

I just ordered a complete system with downpipes. All stainless, Delkevic is a British Company. I will let you know what they are like when I get mine next week.

Dan

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #

I just ordered a complete system with downpipes. All stainless, Delkevic is a British Company. I will let you know what they are like when I get mine next week.

Dan
Did you ever get the Delkevic setup installed?

:popcorn

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin

I just got them put on last night. The quality looks very good and the finish is nice. I will try and post some photos of them soon. The only thing I did not totally like was that the Muffler cans are clamped onto the mid pipes not welded. The clamps have to be really torqued tight for them to clamp tightly to the mid pipes. They look pretty good and they are reasonably quiet but have a rap to them when revving out. I wish they tucked in a bit more but they are not out more than the stock mufflers. The bike definitely has more snap off the line and seems to accelerate a bit better. The front will pop up if you grab a handfull in first off the line, it never did that before.

Dan

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #

I just got them put on last night. The quality looks very good and the finish is nice. I will try and post some photos of them soon. The only thing I did not totally like was that the Muffler cans are clamped onto the mid pipes not welded. The clamps have to be really torqued tight for them to clamp tightly to the mid pipes. They look pretty good and they are reasonably quiet but have a rap to them when revving out. I wish they tucked in a bit more but they are not out more than the stock mufflers. The bike definitely has more snap off the line and seems to accelerate a bit better. The front will pop up if you grab a handfull in first off the line, it never did that before.

Dan
Thanks. Looking forward to the pictures!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

That clamp looks pretty heavy duty to me in the picture. Is it the type with a T bolt?

Tom

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin

it is pretty amazing that the entire exhaust slip-ons with both Mufflers was only 269.00 - it is all Stainless Steel.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I thought the sound demo was right on. Just a nice bit of deep growl without being over the top loud. Lets roll out that ST1300 model guys, sign me up for a pair. OOPS, have to edit. The sound demo was on an inline Honda four.

Tom

Re: Delkevic Exhaust "group buy" interest?

Folks, I wanted to float a question out there to the 1300 owners.

Would anyone be interested in having Delkevic do a "group buy" production run for the ST 1300?

I took the liberty of talking to Luke at Delkevic and was told to shoot them an email so they could run it by their production department. I subsequently sent them an email with the propostion of a one-off set or a group buy scenario.

Let me know if there is real interest so I can continue from there with some hard information to share with them.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I'm not fond of the down turned outlet pipe. I would prefer straight. However, for the price, I'm in.

Tom

Top Bottom