Metzler Z6 front, Conti RA rear

Bike
2003 ST1300
I have been known to rave about the Conti RA, but in recent rides, I'm riding into too many corners with gravel. I want an agressive front tire that will eat gravel, and the Z6 has the most aggressive tire pattern I can find. You can look up Z6 reviews; most of them are very positive. I can't give up the Conti RA rear ride due to its very stable and tenacious touring tire.

After 100 miles, I can say the Z6 is very stable, and requires light input in corners. My reluctance to speed in corners is due to concerns with gravel, and I find myself holding back for fear of it. It may be a healthy fear, but my riding buddies are usually ahead of me on the same roads. Hopefully now I can stay in the hunt.

If anyone else has the Z6, I'd like to hear your reactions.

alan

R.I.P - 3/20/2011
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I've used a Z6 front for about the last 50,000 miles on my 1300 and am very happy with it. The Z6 holds high lean angles and works well in the rain.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
noneed
I've had two sets of Z-6, it's the tire for me, the only thing is the rear looks fine one minute and has cords showing the next. It can sneek up on you.

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
I just put a Z6 on the front as well; unfortunately it has 0 miles on it since it's been pouring this morning and I didn't have time to take it out for a test ride yesterday. I will be interested to see how many miles I get out of these.

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
I have about 6K on this set. The parts guy suggested them as he tried them on his ST.
So far they are good and I get 7 or 8K out of the set. I tend to replace them both at the same time .

OP
OP
STreaker
Bike
2003 ST1300
I've used a Z6 front for about the last 50,000 miles on my 1300 and am very happy with it. The Z6 holds high lean angles and works well in the rain.

I could not ask for a better review than yours. Living in Western Washington, a good rain tire is mandatory. Thanks for your input.
Jon

The only thing I have noticed with the Z6 that I just installed that is very different from the Avon Storm I used to have is that it does take a bit more effort to get the bike to lean into the corners. Other than that I've been pleased with the tire in rain and sun.

Bill Cleveland

1 RIDER
I have z6 on my st1100 and the front tire is wearing more on the lt side than the rt .I keep 42 psi and it has about 6000 miles on it.Had avons on it before they lasted about 11000
miles and wore even .

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
The 2005 I just purchased had Metzler Z6 Roadtechs on it... They were purchased just about a year ago, and have approximately 3900 miles on them.

While they are not completely shot (no bands showing), they are getting replaced as they are both flat across the center of the tire. The bike requires ridiculous amounts of input to get it to turn in this condition.

I can see a 4000 mi. rear tire with aggressive riding, but I consider a front worn out in that distance to be sub-par performance.

I'll be trying something else, hopefully.

2G

Top Bottom