I look for some information about spring Hyperpro

Hi
I am a new member of your forum and I would like to know you feeling about the spring Hyper pro mounting on the ST1300 fork.
I am french and sorry about some mistake language :bow1:
I am owner of ST1300 since 09 May and I have a critical position about the fork of this motor cycle.
In fact, I think my fork have a short clearance and this point is bad for me. (not confortable) Unfortunatly the quality of the way and motorway is more bad that is your country USA)

The rear shock absorber is very confortable and I would like improve the quality of my fork.

I hope your advice and experience with this accessory.

Thank a lot :biker:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
How much do you weigh? If you are 75 kilograms or less you may just require longer spacers in the forks. This adds "clearance" to the Honda fork by increasing the preload on the springs.

OP
OP
My weigh is between 85 and 90 kg and I believed that the spring Hyperpro was more progressive that the standard spring !

My feeling is the clearance of the orginal system is too hard :biker:

If I understand the spring Hyperpro isn't a good solution to improve the comfort :confused:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
There is nothing *wrong* with the HyperPro front springs. They improve the handling of the front end.

When you change the fork springs you set the sag by installing a spacer.

Then you measure (with you on the bike) the sag and take the spacer out again and cut it (or cut a new one longer) to the correct length so it is correct for your weight.

I'm am sorry that I can explain this in French for you...

Regards,
Mark

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I have the Hyperpro springs and they are speced out to my weights 2 up with luggage etc. They figured out the correct specs and they were spot on. I did not have to adjust anything just install the springs and oil.

OP
OP
I have the Hyperpro springs and they are speced out to my weights 2 up with luggage etc. They figured out the correct specs and they were spot on. I did not have to adjust anything just install the springs and oil.
And what is your feeling about the comfort ? improve or not

Thank a lot Mark, Steve and dduelin for your help beacause in my country we haven't experience with this accessories.

Regards ;)

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
First: I weigh 83kg without my riding gear.

With the Honda stock front fork springs I would bottom out the front end.
With the HyperPro front fork springs I have not bottomed out the front end.

A caveat: I use 15wt oil with these springs because I like a stiff suspension. I tried 20wt oil but didn't like the feel.

Mark

OP
OP
I am not sure to understand because when you explain :

With the Honda stock front fork springs I would bottom out the front end.
I understand that with the standard springs the clearance was max !

With the HyperPro front fork springs I have not bottomed out the front end.
And with the HyperPro front fork springs your clearance decrease !

Personnaly with the standard springs the clearance is too short and I feel the shocks in my arm.
In addition my oil is SAE10 standard.

With the Hyperpro I hope a fork supple over the small shock and hardiest of the big shocks.

I hope you understand me :confused:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Personnaly with the standard springs the clearance is too short and I feel the shocks in my arm.
In addition my oil is SAE10 standard.
Sorry for my poor wording.

Yes: the clearance was too short with Honda stock front springs (bottomed out) with the standard Honda oil.

SAE10 == 10wt, I use SAE15.

Supple is a good word, I have used 'smooth'; but, I think we mean the same thing.

Hope this has helped; sorry for the confusion,

Mark

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
The hyperpro springs and the shock made the ride of my ST1300 much better than it was. I was bottoming out on the stock springs and shock, mind I had well over 60k miles on the stock springs and shock. The improvement was both in the ride and handling.

Top Bottom