Welcome to all the recent newbies

Hi
I hope this is the trick to posting an introduction that it won't let you post?

I live in NE KS, retired, and want to do some longer distance riding. I have been riding since I was a teenager. First new bike was a 1977 Honda 750 Four SS, 900 Custom, V65 Magna, etc. VTX1800C. I just bought a 2007 ST1300 with 24k miles to see if I like it for some longer distance riding by myself. I look forward to learning from the experienced ones.

Hi i have been using your site for some time but i cant post new threads whats up with that im sure you get this all the time but its really not very clear.

Hi im jason.
I have been riding 125cc bikes for about 15 years and about 6 months ago i got a bandit 600 but its not really my kind of bike and is not built
for the touring i wish to do nor does it handle bad weather too great. I ride all year rain or shine. I passed my full licence in the winter and i think it was a good way to keep me riding safe whilst i got used to a bike.
After a lot of fafing around my loan clears Monday and i have my sights set on a dark red 1300 some distance away. I could get cheaper near me in silver but
silver doesn't really stand out.
I got a loan instead of finance because i wanted to instantly add the extras i want on the bike which are as follows
Risers
rider scan mirror
omni cruise
alarm
helmet cam for all the idiots who pull out
fenda extender
hella supertone horn
electropods brake strobe
d2 hyper spot (god knows where i will mount it)
and possibly some highway blades.

I had to wait 3 months for the load and ended up going Belgium on the bandit i cant wait to get my hands on my beastie

Bike
1995 Honda ST1100
My name is Dana and I am new to the Forums. I have recently acquired a 1995 St1100 with 48,000 in April and have logged 7,000 miles since and love the ride. I have wanted this model for more than 20 years and got the one I wanted. It needs a lot of TLC that will be my winter romance but I'm riding now until the snow flies.
I'm going to need some answers so I'll be posting soon.
Regards, Dana
Parsonsfield, Maine

Thank you for the warm and informative welcome George.
I recently purchased an '07 ST1300 after fawning over them for years.
The bike is everything I hoped for. Now I can comb through all the collective knowledge and figure out how to use it!

Thank you all,
Matt

Bike
04' ST1300
Hello to all you fellow ST lovers. I am a former member and enjoyed the information and friendship this forum provides. A lot of past 2 wheeling has delivered this sore butt to many places over almost 60 years. Started on the old Cushman scooters at age 13 up to my last 1300 that was sold in Dec of 2006. Before that year, I had "quit" motorcycling for good. I thought. Then in 2006 I finally quit, almost. This last week I purchased a 2004 ST1300A with 30,000 miles on it from the original owner. So here I am again.

Previous rides (5 Goldwings and 3 STs) took me to 49 States, all of Europe and British Isles, Eastern Europe from Poland down through Croatia. I kept an ST1100 in Europe from 1995 through 1998 and spent many months traveling beautiful country. My last big ride was on a 2003 ST1300 from WA State to Alaska in 2005. Also did some Canada and Mexico riding.

So much for ending my motorcycle escapades. :)

Hope to see some of you along the way. Moved from WA State last year and reside in Prescott, AZ where you park your moto in the summer and enjoy the winter riding.

Jim

Last edited:
Hello ST riders. I am back in the fold with a new to me 2000 St1100. Just purchase it in Howell Mi. and have to get it back to Milwaukee Wi. before the snow flys! I hope to meet some of you on the road soon.
Regards,
mrbill

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I need to update post #1. For the first time in 24 years, there are no STs in the CattFamily Garage. I sold my two 91's then wrecked the '01 on April 1. Adam sold his '91 and got a '13 CB500X. My current ride is an '83 Naked Wing, and another potential purchase coming soon.

But the make/model doesn't really matter. I often wonder what Derek would be riding now.

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC (ST Owners Club) was started as a joke and off-shoot of the old Denizens Of Doom, arguably the first on-line "virtual" motorcycle club
Holycrap,WHAT?!?

I'm DoD#1465, and was super active on the rec.moto Usenet group. I was the guy at NASA that started the Ames Motorcycle Club at Ames Research Center in Santa Clara, CA!

And here I am with my first ST1100, and I find out the only two motorcycle groups I frequent online, are related to each other!

Small world...

OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Holycrap,WHAT?!?

I'm DoD#1465, and was super active on the rec.moto Usenet group. I was the guy at NASA that started the Ames Motorcycle Club at Ames Research Center in Santa Clara, CA!

And here I am with my first ST1100, and I find out the only two motorcycle groups I frequent online, are related to each other!

Small world...
A little more to it, as the ST was most prominent single model in the old HSTA at the time. That cohesive sub group formed the basis for where we are today. HSTA has morphed into MSTA and STOC is now the parent of several groups including this one.

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
A little more to it, as the ST was most prominent single model in the old HSTA at the time. That cohesive sub group formed the basis for where we are today. HSTA has morphed into MSTA and STOC is now the parent of several groups including this one.
George,

I think your memory is going; the HSTA predated the ST1100 by quite a bit and the group was formed around the Honda V-45 Sabre then the V-65. They published their first news letter in 82 and by 83 were off and running with over 100 members, the ST didn't even show up for another 7 years. Most of the HSTA riders I knew went from Sabres to VFR's or VTR SuperHawks and the HSTA tended to emphasize the Sport aspect rather than the touring part of Honda Sport Touring. I saw very few HSTA members riding ST's.

Of course my memory may be faulty too .......:)

Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
"...at the time." Yes, the V-45 was the start point but by late 93, most had moved on to other models. Th ST-1100 was very popular. There's a pic somewhere of about 25 or 30 of them gathered at a STAR, must've been '93? VFR was also very popular.

As with all things motorcycle, things change. At NATSTOC 2015, lipSTick was the only 1100.

Bike
Honda St1300 2009
Good day everyone,
I'm a re-newbie.
My name is Guy Lariviere from Brossard, Qc, Canada..
Been riding my ST1300 2009 since 2011. Almost 78 K miles so far.
We(the wife and I) love to ride. She rides a Honda NC750 S 2014.
Thank you for the forum and all of the helpfull inputs and tips everybody.
Guy20170826_140405.jpgP1060767.JPG

Hello all!!

My name is Dan, and I'm a newbie!!

I actually own a CTX1300, but what better place to learn about the engine, driveline and such than it's predecessor ST1300!

Anyway, I live in SEPA, and will be doing lots of reading here, with the likely occasional question post, too!!

Thanks for the add, and enjoy the miles!!

Attachments

CompressorStall

Self appointed wizard of light bulb moments.
Bike
'96 ST1100
Greetings and salutations!

I've been a rider for years, but just recently purchased my dad's '96 ST1100 with 17k miles on her since he wasn't riding anymore. Figured I would drop on by to say "Hello!", and post a pic of her at work (which is also my avatar)!

Looking forward to learning from everyone on here, and possibly even starting yet ANOTHER oil thread.. ;-)

Safe riding!ST1100 CJ2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all. I just got my new (to me) 2002 ST1100 home about 30 minutes ago. I found her on craigslist. She had 90,606 miles on her. Good shape cosmetically. The PO used it as a commuter. I am happy with the price that I paid. I think I'll be spending most of my time in the ST 1100 tech section of the form get her in shape.

Bike
2003 ST1300
New member from the Atlanta area. Picked up my 03 ST1300 at the end of September and have been using it to commute ever since.

This site is an amazing resource and many of my questions have been answered simply by searching old threads. My searches have been costing me a bit of money (quartet harness, GW lighter, '08 side panels, frame protectors, etc), but I'm loving it so far.

IMG_20181012_131435201_HDR.jpg

I am new to the site and from the UK. I have a newish to me ST 1300 2002 top condition with only 9500 miles on the clock, it has spent 10 years of its life in a heated warehouse whilst its "Custody" was sorted. The short term owner prior to me had the bike recommissioned and it runs superbly, done a decent tour around Scotland the bike was superb. I am upgrading both the Fork Springs and the rear Shock and Spring. I am after a Fork Brace but seem unable to confirm if MCL are still in business, anybody can help with that one please Stateside or know of an alternative ?Thanks

JS.

Top Bottom