Welcome to all the recent newbies

Bike
2001 ST1100
I just joined, and just picked up a (new to me) 2001 ST1100. I have been riding for only 12 years or so, my first bike was a CX500, then a GL650i. Moving on up to a bigger ride and (slightly) newer model. I hope to learn a lot from the accumulated wisdom of this group.

Attachments

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
Hello all. It seems this is the place to introduce myself. I just picked up a 2006 ST1300 with 31k miles. I traded it straight across with an old friend for my 1994 BMW R100GS that I've had for 18 years. He moved to Utah and needed something with less weather protection and more off-road capability. I live near Seattle, WA, USA (town of Woodinville) and among my reasons for wanting the ST1300 is more weather protection and more comfort.

I've been up to Alaska a few times and down to the Mojave desert and Death Valley on the GS. I'm looking forward to new adventures (and, frankly, commuting) on th ST.

Anyhow, the bike is great with a million farkles. I'm sure I'll have a million questions but I'll post them in the appropriate places.

Bike
Suzuki Bandit 250
Hi! I'm Henry and I'm a newbie here. I ride Suzuki Bandit 250 now, but I'm thinking about buying Honda ST1300, that's why I'm here :)

Reactions: ATA

ATA

Bike
2007 ST1300
Hello all. It seems this is the place to introduce myself. I just picked up a 2006 ST1300 with 31k miles. I traded it straight across with an old friend for my 1994 BMW R100GS that I've had for 18 years. He moved to Utah and needed something with less weather protection and more off-road capability. I live near Seattle, WA, USA (town of Woodinville) and among my reasons for wanting the ST1300 is more weather protection and more comfort.

I've been up to Alaska a few times and down to the Mojave desert and Death Valley on the GS. I'm looking forward to new adventures (and, frankly, commuting) on th ST.

Anyhow, the bike is great with a million farkles. I'm sure I'll have a million questions but I'll post them in the appropriate places.
Welcome to Club ST! Think you’ll enjoy the bike and the helpful & knowledgeable folks on this forum. Stay safe!

Hi All !
Im brand new to this forum. Ive just purchased a damaged 2000 ST 1100 here in new zealand. Ive got alot to learn about the ST and Im hoping members can help point me in the right direction and share their wisdom and experience.
The damage is mostly cosmetic with most of the fairing panels cracked or broken. Both front indicators/mirrors were broken from their mounts the rh exhausts were bent and touching the clutch master cyl and rh end of the radiator was badly damaged and leaking.

Ive got some clearance for the exhausts, temporary patched the radiator, got a new battery and fired it up. I was amazed how smooth and quiet the engine runs! sounds very healthy.

Now i just have do do something about the 101 piece jigsaw puzzle that is the fairings in their current state. When i get my first post approved and figure this site out a bit better Ill try to post some pictures.

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Hello!
I'm pretty new to the forum as well, although I was lurking while I was trying decide which bike I was going to buy. This summer, while in a boat shop/dealership, I happened to see an '09 ST-1300 for sale and started thinking that it's probably a good time to get back into riding. After researching a couple of bikes, including the Yamaha FJR and BMW GT, I ended up buying the same bike that got the ball rolling. I got it about 2 months ago, just in time for the end of the riding season :( , although I've been pushing it to the limit. I gotta say that I'm loving this bike and super happy to be back into riding again!

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Good day everyone,
I'm a re-newbie.
My name is Guy Lariviere from Brossard, Qc, Canada..
Been riding my ST1300 2009 since 2011. Almost 78 K miles so far.
We(the wife and I) love to ride. She rides a Honda NC750 S 2014.
Thank you for the forum and all of the helpfull inputs and tips everybody.
Guy
Hi Guy,
I like the decals you added to your bike. I might like to do something similar. Where did you get them? Do you have any more pics?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Hi Guy,
I like the decals you added to your bike. I might like to do something similar. Where did you get them? Do you have any more pics?
There's a vendor in Britain, Bike-Quip, that offers reflective decal sets specifically for the ST1300. You can order front, side, and rear sets. I'm especially partial to the front set. (I have no affiliation or relationship with, nor any financial stake or interest in, this vendor.)

20151227_160556.jpg

20180812_091159w.jpg

20180812_100746w.jpg

20150706_231300.jpg

20150706_231357.jpg

Reactions: ATA

CompressorStall

Self appointed wizard of light bulb moments.
Bike
'96 ST1100
There are so many new members, and being one of them myself as of a couple months ago, receiving and seeing all of the warm member welcomes are very appreciated!

Hope everyone has a great holiday season, and makes it out for at least one ride in December!

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Hello, all. Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I wasn't able to find a new members section, so I hope others will guide me as I learn the forum.

I am the proud new owner of Robbie AG's '01 ST1100., whom I know through the Nighthawk forum and a couple of camp-and-ride weekends. I bought it from him this past August, and have been enjoying it immensely. I don't know how much he has shared about it, nor have I looked yet, so here's what I know that's not stock:

Windshield (not sure of brand)
Helibars (old version, I've been told)
Givi rack and color-matched trunk
Traxxion front fork rebuild
Progressive shock/spring

Extra windshields and other parts, and the most complete binder of receipts and records I've ever seen. He has taken excellent care of it, and although I paid above average for it, I consider it to be an excellent purchase. The above-mentioned extras being already done makes it a bargain, in my opinion.

I plan to add a Rostra cruise control and a Wolo Badboy horn, both of which I've already done on the Nighthawk. I am an electrician as well as a car and bike wireman, ever since the days of 8-tracks, so I'm happy to help anyone with wiring or lighting projects.

One thing I noticed about handling, especially as compared to my fully-dressed Nighthawk (pic below), was that it resisted leaning in response to counter-steering effort. After riding a few weeks, I decided that it would be a good idea for me to raise the rear end a little to compensate for my 240 lbs over his 160(?).

I finally got around to actually doing it a couple of months ago, just before a group ride to the BRP, I raised the rings about 1/2", and the difference was immediate and profound. The handling is neutral and light, and leans and responds easily and controllably to steering input, like the Nighthawk.

I noticed that the first thing to make contact when cornering hard is the toe of my boot. Startling when it first happens, but once used to it, it's just an early warning signal. I do need to replace the seat soon, as it pushes me into the fuel filler. It bends the knees more than the Nighthawk, which bends the hips more.

My '96 CB750ST, with Vetter Windjammer 5 and K&G luggage/backrest:

Bike.jpg Bike2.jpg

Hi new here. Don't have a St yet, but have his and her Super Blackbirds,KLR650 a VT500 Ascot,kids have a PW80. Thinking of trading one of the birds for a ST1100. Been riding for over 30 years. I live in southern Ontario, head mechanic in a small shop. So thought I would come here and check it out. Username I have had for years, figuring me and my wife are Hekyll and Jekyll like a pair of magpies.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Hi new here. Don't have a St yet, but have his and her Super Blackbirds,KLR650 a VT500 Ascot,kids have a PW80. Thinking of trading one of the birds for a ST1100. Been riding for over 30 years. I live in southern Ontario, head mechanic in a small shop. So thought I would come here and check it out. Username I have had for years, figuring me and my wife are Hekyll and Jekyll like a pair of magpies.
Welcome aboard Jekyl. Best of luck with your ST search.

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Time once again to welcome all the new kids on the block. I try to do this a couple times a year to spread the cheer and edumakate all youse recent arrivals.
Sounds like i may have found the right group (hopefully) Iv'e held my mc lic. for 34 years continually and have owned or ridden every type of bike out there....except a sports tourer. How did that happen? After selling my last big Kawasaki twin I thought about this and and wondered if big sports tourer was the bike I had been missing out on. I was moments away from buying a leftover concours (a great bike no doubt) when I saw how happy people seemed to be with their ST's. How very rarely do you hear of one for sale that does not have 50,70, even 100k and still run like new. That was it.... I'm finding me an ST!! 3 months of searching and I find an 05 with 6700 miles on it. I jumped all over it! So now here I am, wont even be able to take delivery of the bike until next week and realize I know nothing about where to start on it. I'll be looking for any advice and experience anyone is willing to offer about everything from maintenance to farkles. I'll need phone mount, aux light mounts, and a brake flasher asap. I'll do the other things as the need arises.

Last edited by a moderator:

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Sounds like i may have found the right group (hopefully) Iv'e held my mc lic. for 34 years continually and have owned or ridden every type of bike out there....except a sports tourer. How did that happen? After selling my last big Kawasaki twin I thought about this and and wondered if big sports tourer was the bike I had been missing out on. I was moments away from buying a leftover concours (a great bike no doubt) when I saw how happy people seemed to be with their ST's. How very rarely do you hear of one for sale that does not have 50,70, even 100k and still run like new. That was it.... I'm finding me an ST!! 3 months of searching and I find an 05 with 6700 miles on it. I jumped all over it! So now here I am, wont even be able to take delivery of the bike until next week and realize I know nothing about where to start on it. I'll be looking for any advice and experience anyone is willing to offer about everything from maintenance to farkles. I'll need phone mount, aux light mounts, and a brake flasher asap. I'll do the other things as the need arises.
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your '05 ST. Heck, with that mileage it virtually new!

Top Bottom