Welcome to all the recent newbies

Hi All
Well after years of want finally got my ST1300!
Added it to my stable today.
Bought a 2005 St1300A, 39k miles from the original owner. Needed new tires and service.
Has some light scratches on the right Panier and needs a new windshield as the original has yellowed.
Out the door after dealer service includinng oil, filter, coolant flush and all fluids service and new Bridgestone tires.
Happy to be part of the family!

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hi All
Bought a 2005 St1300A, 39k miles from the original owner. Needed new tires and service.
Has some light scratches on the right Panier and needs a new windshield as the original has yellowed.
Out the door after dealer service includinng oil, filter, coolant flush and all fluids service and new Bridgestone tires.
Wow.. Welcome. You did good. I just got a non abs 2005 as well. Im on the road at work and so have only ridden 50 miles but love it so far. It had a faded corbin seat on it but ill use it till it falls apart because I cant ride the factory seat (they ordered me a brand new one as part of the deal)

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Hi All
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your '05.
Sounds like a good deal. Have a great summer and be sure to check out the RTEs and STOC events in Texas.

Wow.. Welcome. You did good. I just got a non abs 2005 as well. Im on the road at work and so have only ridden 50 miles but love it so far. It had a faded corbin seat on it but ill use it till it falls apart because I cant ride the factory seat (they ordered me a brand new one as part of the deal)
Thanks! Congrants to you as well.
They were asking quite a bit more but the area around Ft Hood is not much into Sport Tourers so he had it listed since before Christmas so I was able to talk him down.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your '05 ST. Heck, with that mileage it virtually new!
Thanks will dos.

Any suggestion on a windshield. Honda want 509.00 for a stock one .
See Rifle has several but do t know if Imlike the angle change they tout as a benefit

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Thanks will dos.

Any suggestion on a windshield. Honda want 509.00 for a stock one .
See Rifle has several but do t know if Imlike the angle change they tout as a benefit
I like the clearview. The Vstream is also popular.
Watch the for sale forum here and you'll find a windscreen in short order.

Hey everyone, just bought an 05 ST1300 ABS and am looking forward to the new adventure that awaits with this beauty. I used to ride a 2004 Vulcan 500 and a suzuki Burgman 650, both were good bikes with the burgman being the most comfortable ride I've ever had. I was looking to get into something bigger and different than a cruiser or a scooter! I look forward to chatting with everyone here!

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Hey everyone, just bought an 05 ST1300 ABS and am looking forward to the new adventure that awaits with this beauty. I used to ride a 2004 Vulcan 500 and a suzuki Burgman 650, both were good bikes with the burgman being the most comfortable ride I've ever had. I was looking to get into something bigger and different than a cruiser or a scooter! I look forward to chatting with everyone here!
Welcome. I'm fairly new to this bike as well, although been riding for many years. I have found this forum very informative and full of good people. This is a lot of bike compared to what you came from. Be careful, ride easy, get used to it 1st and I'm sure you will fall in love with it like I did.
PS...05 is definitely the best color ;)

Bike
VStrom 650
Welcome from Northumberland UK.
Enjoy your 13.
Upt'North.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your '05.

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
You can have your stock seat redone by Spencer, he's located down in Pt. St. Lucie. Just had mine done. Here's his website. http://www.greatdaytoride.com/faq.html

Hi All,

Thanks for the add.

We'll I guess I am a newbie. I had a ST1100 25 years ago. Sold it, had kids blah, blah blah...

Well my uncle-inlaw decided his 2000 ST1100 was too big for him and he gave it to me! When I went to pick it up last month I was surprised to find out it had less than 15k miles on it!

I would like to put on a larger windscreen ( I am around 6'2" ish) and would like to get feedback from others out there if it is work raising the handlebars a bit too.

Any of you in Northern California (I am in Santa Cruz)

Hope to see you on the road!

Geoff

Dear Friends:

I am new to the forum and contemplating the purchase of a used ST1300A from somewhere in Texas/Oklahoma. Where can I find a thread on the forum which tells me about the differences/issues with each "generation" of the ST1300?

Thanks,

Scott

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Dear Friends:

I am new to the forum and contemplating the purchase of a used ST1300A from somewhere in Texas/Oklahoma. Where can I find a thread on the forum which tells me about the differences/issues with each "generation" of the ST1300?

Thanks,

Scott
Welcome to the forum Scott.
Best of luck with your ST search.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So very good, Joe! Any years to avoid or watch carefully?
If it were me, I'd focus on the 08 or newer as they had the most manufacturer updates.

That being said, there isn't all that much of a difference across all years.

One major one is in 03 only the ABS version had an electric windshield, from 04 forward, all models have them.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Dear Friends:

Thanks,

Scott
One for sale in Texas right now from a member of this forum- 2010 ST1300A (abs) 3500.00
Several others in the Bikes For Sale section.

Top Bottom