Welcome to all the recent newbies

Bike
1992 Honda ST1100
Thought I'd say hi.
I am 35 years of age and have a CB750 F from 1983.
I just recently bought myself a ST1100, model '92.
Found this forum looking at clear lenses for the front indicators. Might buy a set of Ad1993pan.
Thinking about restoring the engine on the old CB, but that depends on whether i get a god enough offer as it stands now.
Anyway just wanted to say hi.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Thought I'd say hi.
Found this forum looking at clear lenses for the front indicators. Might buy a set of Ad1993pan.
Thinking about restoring the engine on the old CB, but that depends on whether i get a god enough offer as it stands now.
Welcome to the forum from deepest Cornwall. Everything you need for STs on this site!

Bike
VStrom 650
Thought I'd say hi.
Hi NG, Welcome from Northumberland UK.
Nice to have yet another European on board, although I'll only be European until the 29th March.
Upt'North.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Thought I'd say hi.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Welcome! Do the clear lenses for 5 really good reasons:

1. To support AD, who will probably never make a dime off of his efforts

2. It makes the turn signals stand out, making you and your bike stand out. Visibility is always a good thing!

3. It looks soooo cool!

4. It makes you look taller, handsomer and way cooler

5. To support AD, who will probably never make a dime off of his efforts

:)

G

Bike
1992 Honda ST1100
Welcome! Do the clear lenses for 5 really good reasons:

1. To support AD, who will probably never make a dime off of his efforts

2. It makes the turn signals stand out, making you and your bike stand out. Visibility is always a good thing!

3. It looks soooo cool!

4. It makes you look taller, handsomer and way cooler

5. To support AD, who will probably never make a dime off of his efforts

:)

G
Already 6'5" so if I get much taller i won't fit on my new ST. But handsomer wouldn't hurt :cool:

Don't forget the dual-colored LED bulbs, the matching rears, and a flasher.
Mine is an EU model so it only has the wingle light type flasher. Could mount dual light sockets, but might also just go with flasher without position lights. Looks good anyway.

Bike
1994 ST1100 ABS
'ello! Figured I'd pop in and say "Hi."

It appears that I've been riding for 43 years now, (geez that suddenly seems like a lot of years!) Started out on a Yamaha RD400 in '76, moved to a series of CX500's, bought a GL500 Silverwing when I first relocated to the west coast, and switched up to an ST1100 a year of so ago. Do a fair amount of riding into the Bay Area, so it's been ...interesting... getting used to lane-splitting in four lanes of stalled traffic. Not something that was legal on the east coast, so definitely a new trick. LOL But then neither was a near-365-day riding climate, so there's that.

Attachments

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
What's with the amber signal lenses? Get with the times, man! ;)

(I have everything, but haven't installed my clear lenses yet.)

Bike
1994 ST1100 ABS
What's with the amber signal lenses? Get with the times, man! ;)
LOL! I do agree the clear ones look quite fine! OTOH, some part of my mind finds the whole new, "I'm turning off the white LED daytime lights on one side of the car to turn on the turn signal," a bit maddening as an aesthetic look when it's happening.

Ahhh, adapting to the new. <sigh>

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
OTOH, some part of my mind finds the whole new, "I'm turning off the white LED daytime lights on one side of the car to turn on the turn signal," a bit maddening as an aesthetic look when it's happening.
Honda bikes have done that for increased contrast for decades.

This looks like the thread for newbies. I’m back to the site after inactive for a few years. Bought a ‘93 1100 ABS-TCS new and have had it all these years-only a little over 100K miles but hope to add to that starting this year.

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
May as well add my newbie 2 cents.... my #1 ride for the moment is a over tricked out VFR (as the pic) and also working on a Valkyrie project. Hoping to be done soon!
Looking to add a ST -- (11 or 13? Pros/Cons? ) and if that perfect RC51 would pop up, would grab one of those.

Time once again to welcome all the new kids on the block. I try to do this a couple times a year to spread the cheer and edumakate all youse recent arrivals.

STOC (ST Owners Club) was started as a joke and off-shoot of the old Denizens Of Doom, arguably the first on-line "virtual" motorcycle club (still active, btw, Google it.) Anyhoo, my son Derek had enlisted a few fellow ST owners and linked them all together via e-mail (PrairieNet, Northern Illinois University link.) He called me at work one day to ask if there was a way to link all the addys so he didn't have to type'em all in every time.

Told him how to do an "alias" and all the rest is hiSTory.

He started putting together an electronic newsletter called STuff, hooked up with Charlie Woods (STOC #2) and things expanded from there.

After Derek passed, Charlie took over, then Jim Alexander, Don Feyma (st-riders.net) and now Joe Norris at this site.

Several other sites also serve STs and other models (my-mc.com) and several others. Google Pan European for more.

To get a STOC #, send an email to Don Feyma (don@feyma.org) with your location and real name. He'll enter you into the registry and send you your number. That number plus $5.95 will get ya a double-frappe-latte-creamy-moca-fruity-iced-coffee at $tarbuck$ :D

Also, you must have a STOC # to subscribe at st-riders.net, the original liST. STill active but smaller than this site, st-riders was/is the culmination of the original STuff newsletters. More oriented to the original ST-1100 also.

At this site, click Home and check the list of planned events in the left column. From Home, click Forums and check all the available sub-forums for those that interest ya most. Hard to read every new message but you can customize your interests from mostly technical to mostly folks and everything in between.

So, welcome to the site, newbies. Please join in and be active, contribute as much as ya glean, and enjoy your time here. It's not the only ST site but among the best and most active. Don't be a one-poST wonder!!

Enjoy, and...

GO RIDE!!!!

<edit, add, 2-14-2012> [-]For folks who've joined since 12-24-2010, ignore all the info about "New Look".[/-] (Deleting info about the changes, it's been over a year.)

<adding> I'm now fond of saying, this site has transcended just motorcycles and has become a virtual community. We have the best form of government ever invented: Benevolent Dictatorship, Joe is the best.

Our Community has developed to the point of helping each other with way more than just motorcycle advice, way more than Derek ever envisioned. Physical help at Tech days, loaner tools, tar changing sites around the country. And personal help, from an overnight bed to money collection, to physical rescue. And prayers, can't forget the prayers.

Community, it's where we're at. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to the 2012 season, 'cept I've already been to three events this young year. Much more to come. :D

<edit, add, 2-26-2012> Another Arizona RTE today, this time at the Kofa Cafe near Hope, AZ. It's still February but barely. The rest of the country is still in the throes of winter but AZ (and CA) generally have 12 months of riding. There hasn't been near the usual amount of PMS this year as we've all benefited from an easy weather situation; still enuff winter left for that to change quickly.

I have miles to ride before Moonshine, but most here consider it to be the official start of our season. Hope to see a bunch of y'all there. 'Specially for the newbies, if you want a longer ride in April, Casey, IL is the place to be. 'Til next time...

<edit, add, 9-4-2012, just adding STuff> Sitting at The STrayCatt Mansion in Aurora, IL,,, babysitting my grand daughter and generally helping 'round the house. Also sitting close watch on Deba's dad as he is on a decline... Just buried my mother last week, now watching as Paul fades,,, sad times but such is life.

Since poSTing here last, I've been to Moonshine 14 times, plus many more miles following the events around the country. Coming weekend has WiSTOC, hope to get up there if family matters allow. Nothing more to add but feel good about staying in contact with the new kids on the block.

<edit, add> 12-18-2012 Sadly removing references to My-Mc.com and ST1100.org as STeinar has taken down both forums. Waiting to hear from Don when he gets the STOC # data base up and running at st-riders.net. More updates to come.

<edit, add> 1-4-2013 Added Don Feyma's e-mail addy (don@feyma.org) as the new source of STOC #s.

<edit, add> 5-15-2013 No real changes, but we are well into another season and many more new members (well over 17000 currently) and more scheduled events than ever before. This club is now over 19 years old. We should figure a special celebration for next this time next year.

<edit, add> 12-10-2015. Wow! Falling down on the job. It's been over 2 years since I updated this poST. Good reasons, tho, we are in a sweet spot and there's really nothing more to say. :D Still growing with folks coming and going and going and coming. In my own case, a 3 week trip to India last year, with good friends from this site and new friends met there. Fun times.

My life is changing but I'll remain a fixture here. Might not see as much of me as in the paST, but always available if needed. A few of our recurring events remain on my calendar: Moonshine Lunch Run, NATSTOC, and Christmas STOCing are required, and any others I can fit in. I'm moving back to Indiana after the first of the year but they know Internet there so I can still be here. :D

Call me if ya need me. :D

2-10-2016
Well the move is complete, I'm now a resident of Vincennes, Indiana. Gotta go back to Kingman next month to get the bike, didn't have room to haul it all.

Posted a copy of Derek's Obit on 2-7. Would have been his 46th B-Day. Time flies.

Glad to see folks still logging on at this site. He left us a legacy like no one anticipated.

9-8-2016 Wow, time sure does fly. And so did I, to go pick up lipSTick and ride her back to Indiana. Unfortunately, the ride came to an abrupt end on the 303 at US-60 on the west side of Phoenix. A too close encounter with a service truck 'n trailer ended her. I walked away but she'll never roll again. That was on April 1, no joke. :(

Caught a ride back to Indiana, bought a well used 83 Naked 'Wing, and have been wrenching and riding her ever since. All is good. STrayCatt (younger son) sold his '91 with 102,000 miles, and bought a used '13 CB500-X so for the first time in 24 years, there are no STs in CattFamily garage. But the model bike makes no difference. I often wonder what Derek would be riding now. Regardless, I know what he would be saying to us all...

GO RIDE!!!!

4-16-2017 More updates. Moved again. Another wreck. Old age has reared it's ugly head. But still riding. I expect the essence of STOC to continue for a long time to come

In addition to my 83 Wing, I now have a 2015 NC700X DCT. Could be a good bike minus the small tank. I'll fix that. In the meantime, just more frequent stops. I need'em anyway with my bad back. Took a while, but age is taking its toll. New tack for me: trailering. Carry the bike, park the truck, and Go Ride! Works for me. Truck is a loooong wheelbase Freighliner Sprinter, 2 passenger cab, 6 1/2 foot RV space, and 8 1/2 foot toy box in the rear, room for both bikes. I can live in it and travel/stop as needed. Just got it last week so the interior is a work in progress. Expect to see it at some events this season. My "official address is The STrayCatt Mansion but I'm only there infrequently. My primary port-of-call is in Oaktown, Indiana because of the space, to park this bus and do construction and maintenance. Third spot is back at The CattHouse,which is a great pivot point for touring in the west. Deba welcomes me as long as I do some small chores but, as always, wants to know within a week when I'm leaving again. :)

Time to get this party on the road and... GO RIDE!!!! Next up: Austin Gran Prix.
Hello all, I've had an email change and had to re-register. Have a great day, I am glad to be back.
Best regards.
Bob.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Thought I'd say hi.
Welcome to the forum from Cornwall UK. Nice looking ST1100, hope you enjoy her.

Bike
2001 st 1100
Time once again to welcome all the new kids on the block. I try to do this a couple times a year to spread the cheer and edumakate all youse recent arrivals.

STOC (ST Owners Club) was started as a joke and off-shoot of the old Denizens Of Doom, arguably the first on-line "virtual" motorcycle club (still active, btw, Google it.) Anyhoo, my son Derek had enlisted a few fellow ST owners and linked them all together via e-mail (PrairieNet, Northern Illinois University link.) He called me at work one day to ask if there was a way to link all the addys so he didn't have to type'em all in every time.

He started putting together an electronic newsletter called STuff, hooked up with Charlie Woods (STOC #2) and things expanded from there.

After Derek passed, Charlie took over, then Jim Alexander, Don Feyma (st-riders.net) and now Joe Norris at this site.

Several other sites also serve STs and other models (my-mc.com) and several others. Google Pan European for more.

To get a STOC #, send an email to Don Feyma (don@feyma.org) with your location and real name. He'll enter you into the registry and send you your number. That number plus $5.95 will get ya a double-frappe-latte-creamy-moca-fruity-iced-coffee at $tarbuck$ :D

Also, you must have a STOC # to subscribe at st-riders.net, the original liST. STill active but smaller than this site, st-riders was/is the culmination of the original STuff newsletters. More oriented to the original ST-1100 also.

At this site, click Home and check the list of planned events in the left column. From Home, click Forums and check all the available sub-forums for those that interest ya most. Hard to read every new message but you can customize your interests from mostly technical to mostly folks and everything in between.

So, welcome to the site, newbies. Please join in and be active, contribute as much as ya glean, and enjoy your time here. It's not the only ST site but among the best and most active. Don't be a one-poST wonder!!

Enjoy, and...

GO RIDE!!!!

<edit, add, 2-14-2012> [-]For folks who've joined since 12-24-2010, ignore all the info about "New Look".[/-] (Deleting info about the changes, it's been over a year.)

<adding> I'm now fond of saying, this site has transcended just motorcycles and has become a virtual community. We have the best form of government ever invented: Benevolent Dictatorship, Joe is the best.

Our Community has developed to the point of helping each other with way more than just motorcycle advice, way more than Derek ever envisioned. Physical help at Tech days, loaner tools, tar changing sites around the country. And personal help, from an overnight bed to money collection, to physical rescue. And prayers, can't forget the prayers.

Community, it's where we're at. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to the 2012 season, 'cept I've already been to three events this young year. Much more to come. :D

<edit, add, 2-26-2012> Another Arizona RTE today, this time at the Kofa Cafe near Hope, AZ. It's still February but barely. The rest of the country is still in the throes of winter but AZ (and CA) generally have 12 months of riding. There hasn't been near the usual amount of PMS this year as we've all benefited from an easy weather situation; still enuff winter left for that to change quickly.

I have miles to ride before Moonshine, but most here consider it to be the official start of our season. Hope to see a bunch of y'all there. 'Specially for the newbies, if you want a longer ride in April, Casey, IL is the place to be. 'Til next time...

<edit, add, 9-4-2012, just adding STuff> Sitting at The STrayCatt Mansion in Aurora, IL,,, babysitting my grand daughter and generally helping 'round the house. Also sitting close watch on Deba's dad as he is on a decline... Just buried my mother last week, now watching as Paul fades,,, sad times but such is life.

Since poSTing here last, I've been to Moonshine 14 times, plus many more miles following the events around the country. Coming weekend has WiSTOC, hope to get up there if family matters allow. Nothing more to add but feel good about staying in contact with the new kids on the block.

<edit, add> 12-18-2012 Sadly removing references to My-Mc.com and ST1100.org as STeinar has taken down both forums. Waiting to hear from Don when he gets the STOC # data base up and running at st-riders.net. More updates to come.

<edit, add> 1-4-2013 Added Don Feyma's e-mail addy (don@feyma.org) as the new source of STOC #s.

<edit, add> 5-15-2013 No real changes, but we are well into another season and many more new members (well over 17000 currently) and more scheduled events than ever before. This club is now over 19 years old. We should figure a special celebration for next this time next year.

<edit, add> 12-10-2015. Wow! Falling down on the job. It's been over 2 years since I updated this poST. Good reasons, tho, we are in a sweet spot and there's really nothing more to say. :D Still growing with folks coming and going and going and coming. In my own case, a 3 week trip to India last year, with good friends from this site and new friends met there. Fun times.

My life is changing but I'll remain a fixture here. Might not see as much of me as in the paST, but always available if needed. A few of our recurring events remain on my calendar: Moonshine Lunch Run, NATSTOC, and Christmas STOCing are required, and any others I can fit in. I'm moving back to Indiana after the first of the year but they know Internet there so I can still be here. :D

2-10-2016
Well the move is complete, I'm now a resident of Vincennes, Indiana. Gotta go back to Kingman next month to get the bike, didn't have room to haul it all.

Posted a copy of Derek's Obit on 2-7. Would have been his 46th B-Day. Time flies.

Glad to see folks still logging on at this site. He left us a legacy like no one anticipated.

9-8-2016 Wow, time sure does fly. And so did I, to go pick up lipSTick and ride her back to Indiana. Unfortunately, the ride came to an abrupt end on the 303 at US-60 on the west side of Phoenix. A too close encounter with a service truck 'n trailer ended her. I walked away but she'll never roll again. That was on April 1, no joke. :(

Caught a ride back to Indiana, bought a well used 83 Naked 'Wing, and have been wrenching and riding her ever since. All is good. STrayCatt (younger son) sold his '91 with 102,000 miles, and bought a used '13 CB500-X so for the first time in 24 years, there are no STs in CattFamily garage. But the model bike makes no difference. I often wonder what Derek would be riding now. Regardless, I know what he would be saying to us all...

GO RIDE!!!!

4-16-2017 More updates. Moved again. Another wreck. Old age has reared it's ugly head. But still riding. I expect the essence of STOC to continue for a long time to come

In addition to my 83 Wing, I now have a 2015 NC700X DCT. Could be a good bike minus the small tank. I'll fix that. In the meantime, just more frequent stops. I need'em anyway with my bad back. Took a while, but age is taking its toll. New tack for me: trailering. Carry the bike, park the truck, and Go Ride! Works for me. Truck is a loooong wheelbase Freighliner Sprinter, 2 passenger cab, 6 1/2 foot RV space, and 8 1/2 foot toy box in the rear, room for both bikes. I can live in it and travel/stop as needed. Just got it last week so the interior is a work in progress. Expect to see it at some events this season. My "official address is The STrayCatt Mansion but I'm only there infrequently. My primary port-of-call is in Oaktown, Indiana because of the space, to park this bus and do construction and maintenance. Third spot is back at The CattHouse,which is a great pivot point for touring in the west. Deba welcomes me as long as I do some small chores but, as always, wants to know within a week when I'm leaving again. :)

Time to get this party on the road and... GO RIDE!!!! Next up: Austin Gran Prix.
Definite newbie to an st. Been a gold wing guy for 30 years. Defintely like the chang as I'm older and wanna go faster..haha

Bike
2001 st 1100

Enjoy, and...

GO RIDE!!!!

2-10-2016

GO RIDE!!!!

Wondering if there is any of you guys in Washington state. Was in the gold wing assoc for a few years and never saw one of these. I have a 91 st 1100 just bought off a guy 77 yrs old that loved the bike. I can see why. I got rid of my gold wing to buy new truck...major bummer of course.. then I lucked into this deal. What a change. I love it for about 45 minutes then hands start to go numb and have to pull over for a break. Looking at handlebar height adjustments.

Greetings from beautiful western Maryland!

This is my first post, as I’ve only used the site previously for tech help. Currently, I’m the proud owner of three ST1100s. Two of the three I had previously owned and recently came back to roost, after the recent loss of my younger brother. My brother Robert was active with your group before his latest endeavors with off-roading various Toyota 4x4s.

Soon, Ill be seeking advice with resurrecting (Easter reference) those bikes, my brother used on many adventures.

Ron

Top Bottom