Victory Vision

flip-flop

I do not consent to a search...
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I looked at a used 2009 Vision premium today-- it is the dealer's personal bike so he's added a bunch of options to it and it only has 2500 miles.

I've already ridden the goldwing and really like it, but the vision had some things I REALLY liked: floorboards, lower air deflectors, electric windshield, removable trunk, HID headlight, driver's backrest, etc... like I said, it was the owner's personal ride.

The only thing that really bothers me is the limited dealer/shop network. I haven't heard that Victory suffers from the same quality issues as HD but it is nice to have lots of dealerships at your disposal.

Any opinions in Victory quality as a whole and on the Vision in particular?
I know it's looks are polarizing, but I actually kind of like it-- my wife OTOH calls it "the big *** scooter".... lol

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
A couple of my buddies ride victorys. For the most part they have been trouble free. Although there is probally not 25,000 miles between the two of them. Seems to me its when you start adding the performance stuff then things get a little problematic, or so it has been on both of my buddies bikes.

Bike
2007 ST1300
There's an article on the Vision, comparing it to three other dressers, in this months Rider magazine.

Dennis

8-BALL

GeriatricMutantNinja Norwegian
Bike
ST1300 - NT700
STOC #
Any opinions in Victory quality as a whole and on the Vision in particular?
I know it's looks are polarizing, but I actually kind of like it-- my wife OTOH calls it "the big *** scooter".... lol[/quote]

Love my Victory Vegas 8-BALL :grin:- Not as much as the :06biker: but it is a great bike for scaring my wife, she runs in the house when I start it (After mkt pipes.) :eek:4:

I have 2.5k on the 2009.

Rode the Vision and it is fantastic but I cannot get past the style :p:.

Check out the two 2010 Victory "Baggers" Cross Roads and Cross Country - article in SEPT '09 Motor Cyclist.

I am going to the Victory factory open house on August 14,15 in Spirit Lake, IOWA to watch them build the 2010s. :)

:usflag1:

OP
OP
flip-flop

flip-flop

I do not consent to a search...
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I made a comparison sheet on a slow day at work--the goldwing definitely had the greater # of assets (those things important to me, at least) but the Vision had some interesting benefits as well.
I admit to being somewhat disappointed in the goldwing production being moved back to Japan, so the "American company/American made" thing is also a consideration for me.
Even so, I am still leaning toward the goldwing--a test ride is definitely needed tho...

I've never rode a GW, but I did have access to a Vision for many weekends when they first came out. I loved the ride. It was a Premium so it had all the bells and whistles. My neighbors have Vegas' and haven't had any issues what so ever. Both have just over 20k on them. The only thing that I didn't like on the Vegas was that the side bags were a bit on the small side for storage. I did many 300 mile days on the open road as well as in the mountains and felt the bike handled well. I'm with you on the limited amount of dealerships if you decide to travel long distances. That's another reason I bought the ST over a BMW.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I know it's not your question, but have you seen the upcoming Cross Country and Cross Roads baggers from Victory?

http://www.nextautos.com/first-look-2010-victory-cross-roads-cross-country

Not as much protection as the Vision, not so clownish either. I think Victory has the nicest looking V-twin and it's showcased well in the Cross Roads and Cross Country.

Motorcyclist has a preview on page 20 of the September issue.

STOC #
I see that a new Victory Vision showed up in one of my neighbor's driveway the other day. He had previously ridden the same Goldwing for decades. Rich King (anybody recognize that name?) has a new Victory/KTM dealership about 15 miles form here.

8-BALL

GeriatricMutantNinja Norwegian
Bike
ST1300 - NT700
STOC #
I know it's not your question, but have you seen the upcoming Cross Country and Cross Roads baggers from Victory?

http://www.nextautos.com/first-look-2010-victory-cross-roads-cross-country

Not as much protection as the Vision, not so clownish either. I think Victory has the nicest looking V-twin and it's showcased well in the Cross Roads and Cross Country.

Motorcyclist has a preview on page 20 of the September issue.

O.K. Bones, I'll start reading your posts if you'll start reading mine. :D

Top Bottom