new tire ! Pirelli Angel ?!!? Anyone used it yet?

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
New to me thanks I'll have to look into it. Nothing on these tires yet but I might try a set on the ST when they come out.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Since Pirelli and Metzeler are almost the same company, it's probably the same as the Metzeler Z6 and the Z6 Interact.

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
I had the Metz. Z6 on a bike and the Pirelli STrada. The tread pattern looked the same, but the Pirelli was a bit of a superior handling tire and not exactly the same even though I expected them to be alike.

What I liked about the Pirelli was good dry a stick but even so it had a nice linear slide, no quick letting go. It was inferior in grip to the PR2 in the rain though, Not a lot but enough to tell. Now this new one (Angel) may have addressed the issue. If it is at all improved down on the tire's edge like they say this will be an exceptional tire as the STrada was good down there. However it's linear slide may be sacraficed for the increase in wet and dry performance.

The STradas did not last as long for me as a PR2, so if indeed the new Angels wear better than their predecessor Strada, they will be worth a try.

I'll be surprised if they have the nimble turn in of the PR2 though.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I don't ride my 1300 anywhere near hard enough to worry about linear slide. LOL. On a sport bike, maybe, but I don't like the thought of a 700lb ST that close to the limit of adhesion. YMMV.

Bike
2011 Can-Am RTS
STOC #
I looked at their site over the weekend. I do not think the post the size we need for the ST1300. When you enter the model number, it does not show the possibility of the Angel, and I think the front tire size is not available on the list.

I could be wrong, perhaps I will check again.

Bike
BMW RT, DRZ400
STOC #
There was a problem with the STrada in that regard also. They could get it in Europe and even listed it here, but I'm not aware of any dealers having a front in the US.

jdpfms

JD Power
Bike
ST1300A&FJR1300
I love the PR2s on my ST1300, but the front PR2 on my FJR1300 develops a little ridge in the middle (harder compound area) near the end of the tires life. I don't get this on the ST for some reason. I think I may try one of these Pirelli Angel ST fronts (run with PR2 rear) on the FJR when that time comes (later in 2010). I've got another set of PR2s to slap on the Feejer still before trying out a new front though. I'd like to hear others feedback on these tires.

JDP

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
There are a couple of C14 riders that have ~8k on these and really like them... stickier than the PR2's, handle better, and cheaper too ;)

I think these will be on my C14 in a few months instead of another set of PR2's :)

I ran Stradas on my last bike - ZRX1200R. Really liked them. I don't recall how many miles I got from a set but I do remember that I got about 1000 miles more on the rears than the oem BT020s. MUCH nicer than the BT020s. The Stradas had a pointier profile front and that helped turn in on the ZRX. I'll bet Angels are really nice. If they ever offer, size and recommend them for ST1300s I'll try them.

Top Bottom