ST1100 Mirror

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Had to buy both mirror and plastic after my trip to CT.
Zanotti Brothers was the best at the time...

OP
OP
Carl Custer
Color me tickled :D
Just returned from Banner Auto Glass in Rockville, MD.

The woman had quoted me $25-30 to replace the glass but did offer either flat or convex.
I moseyed in this afternoon in response to her Friday phone message. (Was in Philly at the Chuhuahua races:
http://picasaweb.google.com/carl.custer/ChihuahuaRaces# )

She asked, "What did I quote you?"
"$25" I replied and began whipping out bills.
She took the twenty and said, "That's good enough." ;)

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Adam bought me a new right side mirror for my b'day just a couple weeks ago. Gonna replace ReSTored's left side with the one off STick for the trip to WeSTOC , and take ReSTored's old left and right mirrors down to Dave's Glass in town and get the glass replaced. Currently have a piece of plexi mirror from Wally World in each of those. That works pretty well but easily scratched.

Waiting for a call back from Dave now.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
Hi.
Well I hate to say it but I pulled my new to me ST100 in the garage and got off and watched it fall over (slow motion) I didn't get the side stand down all the way and the rest is history.. the left side mirror was toast. try finding one for little money fat chance so I went to my friendly TAP PLASTICS CO and got some lexan mirror, cut it to size and used my dye grinder to make it the same as original in size and shape then using 2 sided tape and a flat washer for spacing in the center of it then put it in the mirror housing the washer made the mirror flex out in the center just enough to be correct like the orig. and back in business. Lexan doesn't scratch like regular plexi glass.
total cost $2.98 inc. tax + about 45 min. time. Give it a try
Dave

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I have a left mirror with broken glass and a left mirror with good glass but broken bracket. Gonna merge the two.

Bike
ST1100 1999
Sorry to dig up old thread, but I was wondering about my Pan mirrors. RHS mirror is magnified, left is not. Is this normal or a last owner mod? I'd prefer non magnified as I have a huge blind spot and narrow field of view in it.

Bike
1999 ST1100
Sorry to dig up old thread, but I was wondering about my Pan mirrors. RHS mirror is magnified, left is not. Is this normal or a last owner mod? I'd prefer non magnified as I have a huge blind spot and narrow field of view in it.
Most likely it was replaced with an auto mirror piece. I lost a mirror on a trip - it actually flew away going 70 (nothing else happened, just the glass piece left). Found an auto mirror company to replace the glass piece and they did. When I went out there the difference was as you described. I learned how to deal with it and work with the blind spot but it isn't perfect. I say spend the extra money and get it from the factory. Just do it.

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
Most likely it was replaced with an auto mirror piece. I lost a mirror on a trip - it actually flew away going 70 (nothing else happened, just the glass piece left). Found an auto mirror company to replace the glass piece and they did. When I went out there the difference was as you described. I learned how to deal with it and work with the blind spot but it isn't perfect. I say spend the extra money and get it from the factory. Just do it.
Love the pic of your 1100 as your avatar, is there a chance you could post up a larger picture..

Bike
1999 ST1100
Top Bottom