Article [13] ST1300 - Valve Clearance Worksheet

I made up this worksheet to help me keep my valve clearances straight. The idea is to record the actual valve clearance in the little white box for each valve. Also at the bottom is a real quick review on the procedure.

Here is what it looks like (low res)

And here is a link to a better quality pdf file if you care to use it

Valve Clearance Worksheet pdf

[Attached a copy in case the original ever goes away. --The Mods]

Attachments

OP
OP
Re: ST1300 Valve Clearance Worksheet

I wanted to add, since it is a little hard to see in the lower left corner of the worksheet.

The easiest way for me to tell that the #1 cylinder was at Top Dead Center (TDC) on the compression stroke was to look at the lobe for the #1 exhaust valve. It should be pointed up like this. Remember, the piston also comes up to TDC on the exhaust stroke and you need to make sure your on the compression stroke.

Hopefully, I didn't make any errors, but if I did - let me no asap and I will correct it.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #

Nice job. Maybe add in the valve clearance values in mm's and inches somewhere.

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #

:headbang: Sweet! Very nice... Saved a copy for my next check and will transcribe my notes for my last check onto this very cool worksheet

Bike
2004 st1300

Very nice, I am getting ready to do my valve check as soon as it starts raining. This will help alot. I only have one question, on your pfd file I see only cylinders 2 and 4. Can't seem to pick up 1 and 3 to print. Again thank you for the pic's.

Bike
GL1800 - Goldwing

When I open the PDF, I only see half the page. What's up with that?

OP
OP

Hmmmm - don't know, maybe the file on the server got corrupted. I uploaded another copy, try it again

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I wanted to add, since it is a little hard to see in the lower left corner of the worksheet.

The easiest way for me to tell that the #1 cylinder was at Top Dead Center (TDC) on the compression stroke was to look at the lobe for the #1 exhaust valve. It should be pointed up like this. Remember, the piston also comes up to TDC on the exhaust stroke and you need to make sure your on the compression stroke.

Hopefully, I didn't make any errors, but if I did - let me no asap and I will correct it.
As long as you get the proper timing marks on the cam sprockets aligned the way they're shown on your worksheet for each cylinder, it's hard to go wrong. The piston is TDC on compression when the timing marks are aligned.

Don

Bike
2015 GoldWing
STOC #

Very helpfull, printed one off too. Doing a valve check and other maint this weekend!:)

OP
OP

The worksheet has been updated - new pdf and pic in the first post

Bike
ST1300

Thank!!! I'm due next year. Printed and in my service manual

Re: ST1300-Valve Clearance Worksheet

Thanks for putting the work sheet together. Just finished checking the valves and it was very helpful. Also makes a good record for comparison at next years check.

Len

Harpo

Four Stars
Bike
Kawasaki VN800E
Re: ST1300-Valve Clearance Worksheet

Worksheet not available anymore; please pull down this thread.

Top Bottom