Article [13] ST1300 - TupperWare Worksheet

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Thinking about it but now that your out of ca I can thwack back! It will depend on the timing of some appointments planned I am keeping the options open. Miss ya bud

Sent by Tapatalk

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Yeah, I do miss not having anyone up here to thwack in the back of the head yet :rofl1:
Are you still planning on following Todd down here next month?
I could catch up on the thwacking then :scared2:
Dude.......!!! I thwack....back....:cool:......
but if I do something stupid....I expect it.......:thumb:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Thinking about it but now that your out of ca I can thwack back! It will depend on the timing of some appointments planned I am keeping the options open. Miss ya bud

Sent by Tapatalk
Tucson is not that far to change a tire.......!! Plus you can help him walk the dog in a Savage environment.......

Bike
2007 ST 1300
STOC #
A question on reassembly: My inner cowl remained attached until I removed the middle cowl, and then it dropped away. QUESTION: in reassembly, do I first attach the middle cowl and THEN the inner cowl?

Bike
04 ST1300
A question on reassembly: My inner cowl remained attached until I removed the middle cowl, and then it dropped away. QUESTION: in reassembly, do I first attach the middle cowl and THEN the inner cowl?
Good question. I am thinking the inner cowl and the middle cowl may be removed as an assembly and put back the same way. Life would be a heck nicer. I am going to try the next time I go in there. I believe its possible.

Bike
04 ST1300
What do you do with all the fasteners when you take off your Tupperware?

Well I made these worksheets to keep track of mine.

The idea is as you remove the fasteners, you place them on the correct spot on the worksheet. It helps me keep track of all the parts and it reminds me of all the fasteners that have to be removed first before you try to pull the piece off. Also, each fastener is numbered so you can see the location where it came from - and where to put it back.

Note, I have labeled some of the socket bolts as 5mm or 6mm - this is the thread size. Also there are two different sizes for the trim clips - one has a golf T shaped head and the other is flat.

This is what the sheets look like loaded up:

3rd worksheet added:
Nice work sheet and thanks for the hard work in putting it together. I tried it once and they were sitting perfectly on a table and then someone accidently nudged the table and everything got mixed up. My method now is to use small zip lock sandwich bags and put the fasteners for each section in a different bag and then tape the bag to that section, until it comes time to put it back together. Like that everything for that section stays together. In case a section has different size nuts, it is a lot easier to figure out where each goes. Such as the lower cowl.

Bike
2010 Goldwing trike
Outstanding. Already got them printed and ready for next time. Thanks so much....had to be a lot of work and it's well done.

These sheets were very helpful, but other people had been into the innards on my 2009 and managed to mix up many of the fasteners, even substituting a few with non-Honda fasteners. I had to resort to the parts diagrams at Partzilla to sort everything out. Thanks.

Last edited:

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
These sheets were very helpful, but other people had been into the innards on my 2009 and managed to mix up many of the fasteners, even substituting a few with non-Honda fasteners. I had to resort to the parts diagrams at Partzilla to sort everything out. Thanks.
Well done for getting it sorted. This still may be of use though - it is there in the ST1300 articles section.

Last edited:

The idea is as you remove the fasteners, you place them on the correct spot on the worksheet. It helps me keep track of all the parts and it reminds me of all the fasteners that have to be removed first before you try to pull the piece off. Also, each fastener is numbered so you can see the location where it came from - and where to put it back.

Note, I have labeled some of the socket bolts as 5mm or 6mm - this is the thread size. Also there are two different sizes for the trim clips - one has a golf T shaped head and the other is flat.

3rd worksheet added:

Here are the links to the full page pdf files:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

1-13-2012 Update

"The Dan" added numbers (in red) for each fastener and wanted to share. Here are links to the files - (Thx Dan)

Page 1 (with numbers)

Page 2 (with numbers)

Page 3 (with numbers)
You all are an amazing bunch. Many thanks! This beats the hell out of my current approach of grabbing bolts off of the lift.

What a fantastic tool! Great job on the idea and execution. Will be immensely helpful for ST newbie like me.

Thanks for these, I'm trying to replace the mirror clips (2 out of 3) and when unscrewing one I heard the nut fall behind the tupperware. l/f mirror broke of and damaged 2 clips.

First post. Just want to say thank you for this! I wish I had one when I owned a BMW R1150RT. I cut holes to store the fasteners.

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA

3rd worksheet added:

Here are the links to the full page pdf files:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

1-13-2012 Update

"The Dan" added numbers (in red) for each fastener and wanted to share. Here are links to the files - (Thx Dan)

Page 1 (with numbers)

Page 2 (with numbers)

Page 3 (with numbers)
Wow so usefull. Would have been great to have with any motorcycle.
Thank You

Top Bottom