Article [13] ST1300 - TupperWare Worksheet

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Re: TupperWare Worksheet

Great stuff John. Thank you! :bow1:

I used to check out certain fasteners on other STs until I realized many others had the same problem I had. ;)

At one point a year or so ago I gave up trying to get it right. I bought a bunch of random fasteners and use them where they kinda fit.

My plastic has never been fastened the same way twice - until now.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Now that's using some good ole American Ingenuity :idea: for you!:clap2:

Those will be very handy for those that haven't had their tupperware off too many times (or at all!). :tools1:

But just for kicks, I think I'll get my wife's Laminator out and put them with the manual! :hat1:

Bike
03 ST & 03 HD

Perfect timing, I just removed all the tuperwarand was dreading the install. Not now. Thanks a lot
:D

Littlejohn64

3 Wheel ST'r
Bike
CanAm Spyder

This is way cool! If I ever get REALLY motivated, maybe Ill laminte this to a thin board and drill holes for each fastener!!!!

Bike
FLHTCUI and ST

John:

GitSum!

Great post!

I am just about to do this tupperware removal for the first time to add a Stebel horn.

I've printed these already and added them to my ST folder.

Excellent work!!

Thank you, very much,

Tim

Great idea, Will use this in future as I always seem to forget which type of fastener goes where. Thanks for sharing it with everybody.
Ed. :bow1:

OMG.........What an absolutely GREAT idea. I'm going to do an Audiovox Cruise Control install over the winter and this will be a very welcome addition to the project. Thank you very much!

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #

WOW, what a great idea & help; especially for someone (me) who has never had anything but the rear fender off! Mucho Gracias!

Bike
2006 St1300

This is a great tool. I'd probably attach copies to cardboard and poke holes with a punch. When finished just throw them way.

1) I didn't see a location for the 4 pieces holding the tank (2 bolts, 2 spacers).
2) Versions for the valve clearance check and adjustments with the torque values would be handy....

Reactions: Obo
Bike
03 st1300
Re: ST1300-TupperWare Worksheet

Thank you so much for the cheat sheets you created.I took my 1300 apart for winterizing and a good cleaning and I know for a fact without your sheets there would be extra push pins and some busted plastic!

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800

Yippee Skippy!

Just what I needed for some Christmas vacation farkling...

Thanks for the work sheets!

:06biker:

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

What do you do with all the fasteners when you take off your Tupperware?

Well I made these worksheets to keep track of mine.

The idea is as you remove the fasteners, you place them on the correct spot on the worksheet. It helps me keep track of all the parts and it reminds me of all the fasteners that have to be removed first before you try to pull the piece off. Also, each fastener is numbered so you can see the location where it came from - and where to put it back.

Note, I have labeled some of the socket bolts as 5mm or 6mm - this is the thread size. Also there are two different sizes for the trim clips - one has a golf T shaped head and the other is flat.

This is what the sheets look like loaded up:

3rd worksheet added:

Here are the links to the full page pdf files:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3
Very Nice! A++++++

Bike
2009 / st1300

You're the Chief, You're the King, You're above everything...... You're the most Tip Top..... TOP CAT . :bow1::) Brilliant , what a useful contribution, thanks a million .

Top Bottom