ST1300 LCD Panel Fix

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Well add me to the list for Bluegauges upgrade. Just got my dash panel back and installed. Went with the all white and lcd reversal. I can see the display in daylight! Nice work from Scott at Bluegauges. For those of you who can do this yourself congrats. For those like me who would ruin the gauges and then have it done, thank you Scott for the service.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Congrats on your Bluegauge upgrade.
Any chance of a pic or two of the Bluegauge on your FJR?

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Da
+1 One each in daylight and at night? :biggrin:
Daylight with reflections and all. Shows quite nicely. Night time pic doesn't do justice. The display is not as bright as it shows. Not too bright for me. You can dim it if you like.236432236433

The sometimes-unreadable LCD "nightmare" is now over, thanks to a fortuitous show-and-tell at WeSTOC and to Scott Woodruff at bluegauges.com who has added an optional Reverse Polarity procedure for the LCD panel to his array of colored backlights that changes the display to "black" on colored background. (a grid of LED's)
He will modify the LCD panel plus add backlights or, as I opted to do, a combo package of all-gauge backlights plus the LCD mod for under $200. Turnaround required about two weeks (you want a winter project? this is it!) and I am overjoyed with the result, as the LCD panel has been a pet peeve of mine from day 1. I selected all-white and readability is now excellent in any light condition, with or without sunglasses.
Now, why couldn't Honda have done this from the get-go?
Tim Shevlin Anaheim, CA
Just got my gauges back from Scott. Getting them reinstalled tonight. Dying to see the difference.

As am I and others no doubt! What was your turnaround time? Was it shipped back in the same box?
I shipped them out on a Thursday, he received them on a tuesday. They shipped back to me (NW Florida) that Thursday and I got them today (monday). Mine took a little longer because the whole LCD was shot and needed to be replaced. I estimate it took an additional day. I just got them installed tonight and UMMAGAWD what a DIFFERENCE!!! It's just beautiful work. Big thanks to @ST11Nut for the assist in the process. And yes, they were shipped back in the same box.

Attachments

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
WOW - have you checked them out during the day in bright sunshine?

In my view, that is the biggest problem - very poor contrast in daylight which makes the panel just about illegible.

Looking forward to your assessment of daytime visibility (and a photo if possible)....:biggrin:

Pete

I won't have a chance to ride it in the daytime for a couple more days at least until this next tropical storm / hurricane passes us for the umpteenth time.

Top Bottom