Boots How do you cure squeaky boots?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
A) Put them outside to prevent them from squeaking inside.
B) Put a banana peel in to them over night.

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
squeaking from the heels or from the lace area or the souls?

If i have to I wash boots with just a mild soap, air dry, then use leather conditioner.

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
When my Combat Lites were new they squeeked for a while. I think finally wearing them for 3 weeks straight on a trip cured 'em.

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Bike
06 ST1300A
Squeak cure - Shoot the mouse while it's out of the air box...:D

Alternatively buy a new pair of boots, that will cure the smell for a while as well :rolleyes:

I had a pair of Oxtar boots with exposed strengthener / restraints that really squeaked, cured them with silicone waterproofing spray.

Bike
None
STOC #
Unbelievable!:hat2:

Can't believe no one else thought of this:
To stop your boot's from squeaking...stand still...:a13:

You do know that if you post a question like that, you're bound to get some B.S. along with it right???:rofl1:

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Put a thin pair of charcoal insoles in...... even if the squeak doesn't stop, the smell will.....:D

Bike
'06 ST1300A
WHAT type of boots? I have Alpinestars SMX-Plus, they've always squeaked from the hinged armor plates. Nothing to be done for it, so I just joke about blowing my CIA interview when I showed up wearing the boots. Hard to be a spook when you squeak as you sneak.

another good use for earplugs!...sorry...could not restrain self...i just put a little swagger in my stride when my boots start to squeakin'...!...let's people know i'm striden'...got to get back to work!:):03biker:

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
Never had the problem, but corn starch is the cure for a lot of things. It's slippery and it won't hurt anything. I''d put a quarter cup in each, shake it all around and let it sit a while. Then dump it and see if the squeak is gone or still there. :think1:

Bike
Kawasaki Versys 1000
I had a pair of Solomon hiking boots that squeaked until I waded a creek and got them soaking wet. When they dried they stopped squeaking. A few years later my wifes Danner's were squeaking badly so she filled up a bucket and got them soaked and walked a while and they stopped squeaking. However another pair we tried did not stop squeaking so it's 2 out of 3 but you might try it?

Best,

Capt Tedd

Top Bottom