All ST1300's are 50 state legal, but....

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
You won't have any problems with it. You'll have paperwork from the dealer so they will treat it as a new vehicle for tax purposes. You'll still need a vin verification but that will be it. Besides, your's has all the stickers. Only the hassle of dealing with DMV lines. :)
I'm going to give AAA a try first. See if I can avoid those lines! :pray1:

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Similar to my recent experiences in Idaho Falls/Bonneville County. 45 minutes on first visit (worse time of day - 1645, just before closing the door time), <20 min on the second, 2 people in line in front of me (that was to change over a title, pay tax, registration, off-road sticker, new plate).

If it's any consolation, things are not quite the same here in Florida.
...Monday I left at the office 11:00am to try to get in before the lunch rush, got down there... Paid the $225 it cost me, and out. Was back in my office before 11:25am.
In the immortal words of Hannibal, "I love it when a plan comes together".

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Ok. So I made an appointment and went in this morning. I explained what happened and they said to get the Vin/engine #'s checked and go back to see her. So I get that checked and go back to see her.

She punches the info in and the saga starts again.....

Now the paperwork has to be sent to Sacramento so they can review it and make a recommendation. She also gave me a # to call, ARB (Air Resource Board). Not sure what good that will do me but I'll give them a call tomorrow. She did give me a temp reg good till November, not that I need it anyway.

Well, had my second appointment today. Never got anything back from Sacramento. I hand the paperwork to the woman at the DMV and she says "It's got more than 7500 miles so this shouldn't be an issue." Then she says she has paperwork there where Sacramento denied it w/o proper paperwork. Thanks to Rulbe (Randy) he got Honda to send me a letter with the Vin# stating it meets all CARB emission standards and that was good enough.

Walked out with a plate and the saga is over.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, had my second appointment today. Never got anything back from Sacramento. I hand the paperwork to the woman at the DMV and she says "It's got more than 7500 miles so this shouldn't be an issue." Then she says she has paperwork there where Sacramento denied it w/o proper paperwork. Thanks to Rulbe (Randy) he got Honda to send me a letter with the Vin# stating it meets all CARB emission standards and that was good enough.

Walked out with a plate and the saga is over.
Great to hear Fred!

I stopped at a DMV in Sacramento last Friday as I was coming down from Oregon. The inspector found everything he needed for the bike to pass CA's requirements. I paid the taxes and license fees and then they gave me a sixty day pass while my credit union sends them back all of my paperwork. DMV will then send me the registration and plate and the CU the title.

All is well in SoCal! :D

Top Bottom