ST1100 Scale Model

Bike
1998 Honda ST1100
STOC #
I am a member of Bricklin International and recently have found out that there will be a scale model of this car produced. I have asked the maker about the possibilities of making a scale model of the beloved ST1100. There has never been a model of this motorcycle and I really want one!

I contacted him about it and I thought I would share his response with all. There are a few questions he has that I am unable to answer. Can y'all pitch in and help here? I'm sure many would welcome being able to purchase a model. The company is called Automodello and produces high quality models of special vehicles from the past.

Q How many different versions are there of this bike (please excuse in advance my ignorance as I am not familiar with these motorcycles in general, however, I am very interested whenever there are overlooked vehicles)?

[Thane here. My answer would be two versions ST1100 and PanEuropean. That is besides the police and other special editions.]

Q How many of each model have been sold, i.e., an approximate of the ST1000; ST1300, etc.

[Thane here. I have no idea!!]

Q What are the most common colors?

[Thane here. OK, let's be honest here! Green is definitely not the most common!]

Q Have there been any special or unique editions?

[Police bike, taxi bikes, etc? see the pic I posted below from a Honda advert]

Q How many members in STOC and on the different forums?

[Does anyone have these figures? And how many members are in STOC now?]

[and he also says...]

Similar to the Bricklin and the Griffith, the process of building the ST series will entail several events/milestones:
- Licensing from America Honda will be key as the bike cannot be done otherwise
- An original bike(s) in the San Francisco and Seattle areas for the original photo shoot. Availability of CAD details?
- Are there factory contacts or field contacts which can answer questions ? these originate with Raffi.
- A select group of enthusiasts to review each prototype prior to production to make sure the model is ?spot-on?.
- Offering the units through the ST organization, is this an option of interest.

Thank you,

Jim

James Cowen
Automodello?
877.343.2276 US | Canada
847.274.9645 Mobile
877.238.7813 Fax
www.Automodello.com

Does anyone know where this picture came from?

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
The ST1100 and the Pan European are the same bike only real difference ever made to the bikes were ABS and none ABS not that that would be a problem for a model I would think.
There was only one limited edition model the 50th anniversary model limited colour Gold and three red badges.

I would be up for a few models when and if they are made, they would make good gifts.

Bike
Goldwing
I reckon that a B/W copy of a Purple Pan that where released with very light coloured Plastic parts
Looks not unlike the other official images Honda has on their site, during the years it would have been so.

Also an idea, has anyone researched diecast models and motorcycles? There are certainly many models done this way.

Bike
ST11OOa
[quote

Does anyone know where this picture came from?
[/quote]

This might be so old as to be useless , but this is a partial print of a Advert that Honda UK used to run around in most of our bike magazines around 1999-2000. A time when the ST1100 really was king of the hill in the UK with public service contracts.

I will put my neck out and say that visually there were only ever two types of ST1100 or Pan European, (the terms were interchangable in the UK although this might be true of all markets). The dual seat bike and the single seat P (Police ?) spec.

As well as the Police the P spec's were also used by the Ambulance services as a paramedic /first response bike and the Automobile Association (the bright yellow bike) as roadside bike to get you home in environments where the standard van might not have got there in time, ie the larger cities or motorways.

The dual seat bikes with the high back rest are taxi or limo-bikes, run by two or three firms in London on specific circuits, concentrating primarily on runs between the two main financial centres in London to the London Airports. Although they look very colourful I don't suppose that more than 50 bikes were ever converted.

The black bike with the red marking to left of the AA bike is also very interesting. Around this time Honda UK offered a free training course , the Motorcycle Appreciation Course (or MAC), when you bought a new bike from one of their dealers.

This was on the road training with a ex-police rider http://www.gtmedia.u-net.com/mac.htm. I suppose it could be argued that this showed the way to the Bikesafe programme in the UK. Again I don't suppose many were re-liveried but they are an attractive and eye-catching

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Models of the ST1300 are avail, but where talking about the ST1100 here on which they never came up with a scale model. Finally getting one would definitely raise interest around the world. Despite the various colors, only two definitive 'models' have been launched: standard & ABS-I/TCS (which both have nearly identical shapes/appearance) and the ABS-II/CBS with its altered front fender, thicker fork tubes and the 'cat-eye' windscreen. And then the police spec version, also used/seen as paramedic, blood/organ runner, road assistance, etc... In Europe the ST had been released in many colors, most outstanding change (for model making) would be the gold trims on all post '96 models. And then of course the EC spec Pan-European badges vs- the US spec ST1100 lettering on the front fairing. The only ST1100 shelf-model I was able to get a hold off, is the Joe BAR Team Resin comic sculpture, nicely detailed and obviously hand-painted... as to be seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Bar-Team-Resin-Model-Honda-ST-1100-Pan-European-Cebege-/370787750967

Bike
02 ST1100
I too have the Joe Bar resin model. It's the only ST1100 model I was able to find. It's getting rarer and more expensive as time goes on, and I'm lucky to have one. Why are there no diecast models available. I would think that with all of the Pan Europeans that were in public service in the U.K. that there would be plenty of call to make a model.

Put me down for a model if it goes to production.

Bike
1994 ST1100
Models of the ST1300 are avail, but where talking about the ST1100 here on which they never came up with a scale model. Finally getting one would definitely raise interest around the world. Despite the various colors, only two definitive 'models' have been launched: standard & ABS-I/TCS (which both have nearly identical shapes/appearance) and the ABS-II/CBS with its altered front fender, thicker fork tubes and the 'cat-eye' windscreen. And then the police spec version, also used/seen as paramedic, blood/organ runner, road assistance, etc... In Europe the ST had been released in many colors, most outstanding change (for model making) would be the gold trims on all post '96 models. And then of course the EC spec Pan-European badges vs- the US spec ST1100 lettering on the front fairing. The only ST1100 shelf-model I was able to get a hold off, is the Joe BAR Team Resin comic sculpture, nicely detailed and obviously hand-painted... as to be seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Bar-Team-Resin-Model-Honda-ST-1100-Pan-European-Cebege-/370787750967
Where can I get ST1300 model?

Top Bottom