DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
OLD TAG
P1011412 (Custom).JPG
Oak Hill Cemetery, Cassville Road & Erwin St, Cartersville, GA
Interesting Marker -- General Young was George Armstrong Custer's room mate at West Point.

NEW TAG
P1011416 (Custom).JPG
This site lies at the foot of Vann's Valley named for a famous Cherokee family. In fact this community was part of the property owned by that Cherokee man prior to the removal in the 1830's.. People still come to get water from the spring here -- and probably have been doing so for hundreds of years. My Dad's mother was born in 1882 on a farm near here.
This site is only 41 miles from Dallas, GA, 52 miles from Acworth and Powder Springs, and 38 miles from Cartersville. Somebody needs to get this tag -- the weather is perfect for riding lately.

P1011417 (Custom).jpg
Georgians were relieved that Georgia School for the Deaf was established here in 1847 for their children. Prior to that their only option was to send them to Hartford, CT for education.

P1011419 (Custom).jpg
Peculiar sign on the way to the new tag at the "Big Spring" in Cedartown. I like it when you're given enough information to make your own decision. They could have just posted a "NO SWIMMING"
sign.

Rgds,Terry

STOC #
Hey guys,
Looks like this has been sitting for a while. I just picked up a 93 ST11 last week and joined here today. The TAG is not very far from me, so I may head that way my next off day and grab it.

Brad

DixieFlyer

Terry Melton
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Go for it Brad!! It's only been 4 months since I posted that Tag -- I guess the N Georgia riders have all been riding up in the mountains. I was born & reared in Lindale and my brother lives in Silver Creek so it's all good for a Floyd County ST rider to get this Tag and set another one.
Rgds,
Terry

STOC #
Go for it Brad!! It's only been 4 months since I posted that Tag -- I guess the N Georgia riders have all been riding up in the mountains. I was born & reared in Lindale and my brother lives in Silver Creek so it's all good for a Floyd County ST rider to get this Tag and set another one.
Rgds,
Terry
Friday will be the first chance I get to go after it, unless I can skip out from work early one day which is unlikely. Saturday I'm heading up to Tellico Plains for some good mountain riding, maybe on the way I can move it higher up in elevation so it will be cooler for folks to go after it.

STOC #
Finally got a chance to go get it.

Old Tag:
Rolater park in Cave Spring.
Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics, once I got to the park I found that someone had swiped the new batteries from my camera. I stopped and bought some on the way to the new tag, so a better pic for that.

New Tag:
In an attempt to move this thing, I'm putting it in a good riding spot and making it obvious with the sign. Enjoy goin after it.

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Nice job tagalong! :new: guy here. Never been there before, so thanks for the sign. Oooh Oooh, I found it in Google! lol. Now to find the sign this weekend. :-D :dr112:

STOC #
Nice job tagalong! :new: guy here. Never been there before, so thanks for the sign. Oooh Oooh, I found it in Google! lol. Now to find the sign this weekend. :-D :dr112:
Go get it.

I think you'll enjoy the ride up there and the view from some of the overlooks. IMHO, one of the best bike roads in the state.

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Go get it.

I think you'll enjoy the ride up there and the view from some of the overlooks. IMHO, one of the best bike roads in the state.
You were right! Nice ride, nice roads. And a great view just around the corner. I even talked 5 other bikes into going with me and the weather cooperated. Cloudy (cooler), but no rain. Thanks Tagalong!

IMAG0225b.jpg

Did someone mention :pie1: ?!

IMAG0217.jpg

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
No need, Mike, got it covered here. :D

IMG_4540.jpg IMG_4541.jpg IMG_4542.jpg IMG_4544.jpg IMG_4543.jpg

Decided, long as I was there anyway, buy a pie: strawberry/rhubarb! Weighed about 6 lbs!!! Delivered it to Tim 'n Ernie at Two Brothers Tires!!!! Made their shop the new GA tag!!!!! Ate pie with good friends. :D

Tim is feeling much better, still complains about a stiff neck. Otherwise, all is good. The fresh hair covers the scar very well.

georgiast

Failure is NOT an option...
No need, Mike, got it covered here. :D

IMG_4540.jpg IMG_4541.jpg IMG_4542.jpg IMG_4544.jpg IMG_4543.jpg

Decided, long as I was there anyway, buy a pie: strawberry/rhubarb! Weighed about 6 lbs!!! Delivered it to Tim 'n Ernie at Two Brothers Tires!!!! Made their shop the new GA tag!!!!! Ate pie with good friends. :D

Tim is feeling much better, still complains about a stiff neck. Otherwise, all is good. The fresh hair covers the scar very well.
Now THAT is a good way to make a TAG. Good on ya George!

The Cheese

Well now I feel stupid. I was thinking it was a hole in the wall, hard to find in the middle of no where, not on the internet at all kinda place. Didn't think to Google the sign. DOH! Teach me to ask questions.

Way to go George.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
It was 61 misty degrees when I stopped at Keel Brothers. Tim had a doctor's appointment, but Ernie was happy to pose! The new tag can be found by following my SPOT track and finding a two named town along the path! It was 59 when I got to Barber!!!

Attachments

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Wow, you don't mess around Motomac! You did swing South :D Looks like you went thru Birmingham as well. I wonder what tag was over there?! :) Will be watching what State you take that one to.. Between you and George, I need to be more spontaneous. As I said to George, would be glad to meet you next time you blow thru Atlanta... Wait a minute. George's pic has Ernie AND Tim in it. Don't you have to have the same picture?! Buyahahaha. Seriously tho, nice job on the tags! :hat2:

Top Bottom